Have you ever felt awkward carrying an LV?

I don't have many designer purses.
I.. never could afford LV myself; but my sister & boyfriend can.
& I receive them as gifts from both of them.
I'm young, I still live my parents, I'm going to college full-time, & I don't work either.
So there's a few girl I know that do struggle to pay rent that always stare down at me.
One girl (that I'm proud to say I'm not friends with anymore) got so jealous.. she told our other girlfriends that I buy fakes at downtown L.A.
Even though she's went with me to purchase my Speedy!
I mean.. I love designer purses!
Who doesn't?
But some people are so jealous that they resort to making you feel bad!

:cursing: them.

The only time I have problems having LV things is when I'm taking public transportation...I get dirty looks from those with fakes...so I usually hide my LV in my very un-noticable marc jacobs messenger.

No, I'm older than a lot of my co workers and I've been working my whole life. Most everybody I know knows that nothing was ever handed to my by my parents or life in general. I feel that my beautiful Lv's are reflective of how far I've come personally. I dont have many so I don't flaunt them per se. I'm also not a "fashionista" by any standard. Just an LV Lover!

ummm this reminds me of my camping trip when my friend picked up i came out of my house with 3 louis vuitton suitcases! hahaha a pegase 60 for my jeans and shoes a keepall 55 for my sweaters jackets....[outerwear] and a my bosphore backpack for my stuff i needed close to me like my louis vuitton bindis and 4 other pairs of sunglasses..prada...chanel....tom fords and chrom hearts......my friend was like what the hell were not going on a cruise to greece were going camping and i was like w/e hhaa

My LV is just for me, not for people to be rude about/ comment on. Unlike you, I DON'T have people paying for everything, and I do scrape by, but I love my one LV regardless!! Everybody has something they splurge on, and I'm not married and don't have kids.

This past year I worked and took some time off from school. The girls I worked with had kids and were married on tight budgets. They carried (bad) fake coach bags and always made a big deal if I got a new LV or something. It got a little embarassing. But what really bothered me is every time I had a new bag they (and other people I worked with) would ask if it was real! I had tried to explain that I didn't believe in fakes without hurting their feelings but they just didn't get it (or the fact that it's illegal). I went in to visit (I have since quit to go back to school) and one girl asked if my new Neverfull GM was "an original." Sometimes i just want to scream :cursing:

On a lighter note: I noticed something funny, and I wonder if you girls do this. Someone would ask me where a customer had gone or what they looked like and out of habit I would respond, "She's the one with the brown Berkin, the Damier Speedy, etc." They all thought I was crazy... has that ever happened to you?

Oh man..

For me.. xD! I just went out to Red Lobster with my mom for dinner.. and I was in my comfy clothes.. (lounge pants and just a tshirt) and I was carrying my speedy.. and everyone was just looking at me like I was weird or something..

XD It's crazy..

well you shouldn't feel that way because its what you like and therefor no one else's business! Only a few of my friends carry designer name brands (this is because we have nice parents and bf's) but all my other friends do not carry LV or any other luxury brand for that matter...for them a $180 coach purse or $200 on shoes is a huge deal! Well this is understandable they have to pay rent and what not (we are quite young, only 21, so no mortgage yet!!!)

I don't do it because of the brand name, I just love it and I can't even tell you why! Lol! I do it because I like it and people ask and say things...I don't care what people say! As long as i'm happy thats all that counts and the same should go for everyone!

Its interesting that you guys have commented on a lot of people staring at you too! I live in Vancouver and almost every single asian girl here carries LV or Gucci and the speedy is the most common bag here! (Which is why I do not own one!) Of course there are some fakes tho (the younger girls or people who cannot afford it) but majority are authentic. Like most girls at my school use LV and Gucci for school. So I guess not as many people stare but if you have a more limited piece they stare! (when I use my Gold LV Mirror Papillion) But I don't mind, they are just admiring! Lol! it means you have good taste!

i never feel weird. there have been times that were slightly uncomfortable because i'd be in a room full of fakes, but that's about it.

OT: fendi213- i love your pics with your chanel stuff! gorgeous!

I think pursemama and SpoyldBrat hit the nail on the head. We all make choices. It's not fair for other people to think their priorities are more important or better choices or the right choices.

When you have a choice, sure. Some people do not have a choice at all. They simply cannot afford LV or any luxury item. I see plenty of examples around: my friend who lost her job and now makes $7/hour and still looking. She can't buy squat and if her boyfriend didn't pay rent, she would be in a shelter right now. What choice are we talking about here?