Have You Ever Disappeared?

Not disappeared no. I have walked away from stuff when something better has come along (I think I mean jobs, nothing else springs to mind) and never looked back. Over the last year I have moved on so many times its unbeliveable!!!

There were times when I wished I could just disappear from my current life and start a new uncomplicated one elsewhere but things got better and I am currently content for the moment. I still have the urge to do something a bit crazy though.

I often go through periods of not wanting anyone in my life. I have been known to close my Facebook account for a month or so at a time without letting anyone know. I've always pushed people away before they can do it to me.

I disappeared from social networking sites for several months. I deleted my MySpace, Facebook, and even my E-Mail address. Most of my friends freaked out and thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth. But, I just needed a break from all that stuff, and needed some time to step away from everyone and everything. Truthfully, it was kind of liberating. And, no, I never regretted it.

Honestly, I don't think I would belong to any social networking site. Never have and most likely never will. Technologically, I've disappeared from a lot of people. Very few people have my personal email address. I don't do myspace or facebook. While more people, at the moment, have my phone number than I like, I change it every year. While I can't control who I run into, and I can't say I've ever disappeared from someone, I have managed to cut off dealing with acquaintances and "friends of friends" who I don't want in my life or knowing my business. I was reading something in the past month, about how a woman lost a lawsuit due to stuff she had put on her "private" facebook. Nothing you ever do, or put online, is private.

I have. I always feel like I'm doing the other person a favor. Like I need to bounce because the other person is just trying to figure out how to get away from me so in order to make it easier I just do it first.

I have... not something I'm proud of, but it's just the easiest way for me to deal with things sometimes.

I'm actually best friends with one of the girls I dissappeared from years ago, so in the end, it will work out how it's meant to be. :smile: