Have You Ever Disappeared?

I have, and I don't know if I have a real reason as to why. Anytime I get really close to anyone enough to consider them my best friend, for some reason I just start avoiding them until we just don't speak anymore. And I don't feel bad or regret it, I guess I just sort of moved on so to speak.
When I did literally move a few years ago, my best friend at the time tried contacting me several times afterward, but I just avoided her. It's not like we hung out 24/7. At the time she lived 2 hours away from me, so when I moved to another state, it was just like, why bother?
I hate to be viewed as a 'cold' person, but I just don't get emotionally attached that way.
Oddly enough, a few of those people I used to be best friends with added me on facebook. I casually talk to one of them, but the others added me, and we still don't speak.

I'm not so much talking about drifting off from people but staying in the same area. I'm talking about moving away, changing job fields, different vehicle(s), wiping or at least masking your web presence. Some combination of those things. No chance of bumping into them at a store.

I'm in the middle of wiping some web tracks now. Disassociating myself with certain web groups. A disappearance in the virtual world from people who never knew where I lived to begin with and never knew my name.

Don't you want to know the people better than just online? I've been on the purse boards for several years now, and have made some really good friends. People I really care about. You prefer to just keep it strictly anon?

Yes many times and more often I don't think about it. Sometimes I do think about a few people and how I could've been good friends with them, but hey life gotta take the good with the bad. People come in and out of your life, but I know that there are going to be more people that are good that will come into my life again.

I did it 8 yrs ago, and it was the best thing I ever did. After some sleuthing, I found out that my ex was running around on me during our long-distance relationship. I went to visit him half-way across the country as a "surprise." When he went to work, I packed up the car with my things and my dog and left. I never looked back. I had to do it this way because a direct confrontation would have been dangerous - he was physically and emotionally abusive.

Since then, he has apologized via Myspace - he found me on there and sent me a message. He had contacted me about some boxes I left behind and he sent them to me.

I will never regret what I did. He is blocked from finding me on Facebook and my Myspace profile is deleted, so I'll probably never hear from him again.