Have you ever considered renting a bag to test it?

emojosh

Climbing the Ladder
O.G.
Jul 14, 2008
So you guys know I'm in love with the neverfull GM. I Love it but I don't want to get one for school and the straps be too small and digging into my arms and such. I'm also looking at the Tadao from Graphite because the colors and design are nice, but I'm not sure it will be big enough for laptop plus books. (Beauborg hasn't been ruled out completely, but my heart isn't in it for now.)

So I'm considering 'renting' a neverfull and trying it out for a few days or weeks to see if it can hold up before I make the investment in it or until I save enough for the Tadao.
Anyone else ever considered renting to try a bag with their lifestyle? Experiences? Opinions on renting?

And before you say anything:
Yes, I've tried them on in person at SouthPark.
And yes, I know most of you don't think I should carry a NF in the first place.
And yes, I did a search for this but nothing was relevant.

I would seriously not rent a bag because IMO it's money wasted. But I can see it as being a good idea...... I would just ask people their thoughts on the bag being used for school and ask if the straps were bothersome or not.

I would say just buy it. Once you have paid the price to rent it you could have put the money towards the bag. If you really hate it then you could ebay it.

As for people thinking you shouldn't carry it... ignore them!!

I don't know how much room you need,but the beaubourg is one of the most comfortable bags I own. As far as renting I don't know what that would cost so I can't help you there.

Buy the NF, put everything you need to carry in it and carry it around the house for a day. Trust me, once you get it home, you 'll know if it's The One....And if not, bring it back the next day :tup: and get Tadao. Dont rent, because maybe it would be worth if this bag was thousands, but for few hundred $, you'll just waste your cash.

I would say just buy it. Once you have paid the price to rent it you could have put the money towards the bag. If you really hate it then you could ebay it.

As for people thinking you shouldn't carry it... ignore them!!

I think the same, why will you want to rent it if you can buy it, you will afford the rent money and you will be using a brand new bag, if not you can always sell it

Renting hmmm sounds like a good idea, if you want to look flashy for an event but don't want to pay loads of $$££ for a bag you may only use once!
but i'd say try a bag out in store and save the money toward a bag you really like! beaubourg is gorgeous I actually prefer it to the neverfull myself! ...just my 2 pence

I definitely would try renting if you're that unsure. Rent for just one week. That way you can take it out and see if it's something you want to invest in. It will probably be less than $75 for the one week rental. It's piece of mind and for only about the price of tax on a NF!

I've rented before. I wanted to try out a Saleya and realized it wasn't for me. They offered a discount so I rented a Palermo as my second item just for fun. I ended up loving the Palermo and now I want to get it!