Have you ever buy a bag just because its so popular and everyone has it!?

Go3tracie

Dec 12, 2010
When i was little i saw womens carrying LV bags and alot of people mention the word "LV" i didnt know what it stand for. So for chanel, gucci, prada etc. These names are so common because its easy to pronounce and the logo imprinted are quite clear to determined what brand it is. At that time i didnt really care for the bag i was just curious why people are drooling over a bag that looks plain with a big logo on it. I think my hello kitty purse was much cuter and other kids like my bag. Until im older i get fascinated by women carrying designer bag. Is there something special about that particular bag? Why does everybody have one? Must be good if people are buying them alot. So i got my first lv bag at the age of 22 as a present :smile: Structure, quality, accessibility, style, material, comfortness all adds up to a good bag. People pay more for a good car just so it wont break down rather buying a cheap car but spending heaps on repairments. Same goes for bags. I used to buy cheap bags from the market and after 2 days the color stripe off and stain my clothes or the handle broke... then i buy another one and another one same story. If i stop buying those bags and save the money i can get myself a high end one that last for ages and some i can even resell! I used to think women spending big money on bags are wasteful and just for the name and attention now i understand why! Sorry :smile:) So thats my thoughts.

I've checked out bags because they were so popular. However, in the end, I ended up buying because they fit my lifestyle and my needs/wants. If a bag is popular but I can't use it, I see absolutely no point in purchasing it just to have.

I've checked out bags because they were so popular. However, in the end, I ended up buying because they fit my lifestyle and my needs/wants. If a bag is popular but I can't use it, I see absolutely no point in purchasing it just to have.

I agree - I was drawn to an LV Speedy because I saw so many around, but I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't right for me.

To be honest, I'm sure I have and didn't even know it! Sometimes it's one of those things that I start liking a certain bag, I don't know why but I have to have it! Then I start thinking about it even more and decide yes it's the bag for me! I think if a lot of people are talking about how great a certain bag is, then i might b more likely to get a certain bag. That's just kind of how it goes with fashion tho.

But i draw the line if it's totally impractical, tiny itty bitty, or has break away zippers...then no way no matter how popular!

BTW...u feel this way cuz u have gotten older. I was the same way when I was younger. I had Hello Kitty, Nightmare Before Christmas, Disney, etc. I didnt really care at all! Then I reached a certain age where designer bags fascinated me too. It started with Dooney and its went up to LV and other brands.

No, not high end designer handbags because of the price. However, starting a collection of good quality designer bags will last a lifetime. Save the impulses on the less expensive ones and go for the designer ones you will always love.

No.....On the contrary I like to be different.
My first designer bag was an LV Speedy. Ant that was a long time ago.
You didn't see many of those at the time. LV was not such a well-known brand.
I bought it because I was looking for a versatile and light weight bag.
It was not that expensive either.
I still use it today.

Kind of. When I was in my last year of high school and started to get into handbags all the fashionable girls had the Gerard Darel 24h bag and I started to really want it and finally got it as a high school graduation present. I didn't want it just because everyone had it because I actually really liked that bag but if I hadn't seen it around I would never have known it existed! And I actually wore it the most the first year I lived in London and no one had it there! Now I'm more careful and I tend to prefer bags that are not all over the place and more confidential designers.

no way, if everyone has it i am not interested in owning it, i like something that has a bit of a unique quality to it, if i see it on everyone's arm then it won't be on mine