Have you ever bought a bag on eBay/Bonz etc. with items left inside?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    I got the idea for this thread from nevereverenough's thread about how she bought a supposedly NWT bag that had cash in the bottom!

I, too, have purchased bags from marketplace sites with things in them that I don't think the sellers meant to leave in them.

For instance? I've found a perfectly good watch, a pair of earrings, a psychiatrist's calling card...

Has anyone else found any interesting little tidbits in a bag they purchased online?

Edit: or not online. And not just bags. Anything counts. :smile:

2. Psychiatrist's calling card ... luv it.. We could all use it with all the bags we buy!

I did buy a bag that had some personal items in it.. When I
    contacted the seller she said " Oh that's where it is.. I've been
    looking for it".. I just sent it back.. LOL...

3. Yeap....sure have, the most memorable one was bobby pins,& a hair tie full of hair in an outside pocket.:sick:

Kinda grossed me out, so I ended up vacuuming the heck out of it.

4. Yeeeeah, I got some tampons with my Coach bag... :lol:

5. I found a bag at a consignment store with the previous owner's social security card in it. I was concerned about identity theft so I googled, found her home address and phone number and contacted them. She was/is attending college near the consignment store and must have consigned her items. Her mother gave me a mailing address and I sent it to her home address.

Another time, I bought a $2.99 wallet at Savers and found 2-$20 bills inside.

6. That's so nice of you. I'm sure she was glad to have it back. I hadn't even thought of all the things that must end up in items at thrift stores.

7. Found two seemingly brand new, full Chanel lip glosses in a purse once... Its too bad I'm such a germaphobe and couldn't risk using them, they were beautiful shades and I'm sure they were expensive!

8. I have received bags with cough drops, paper, & business cards. :rolleyes:

9. A "new bag" with a lunch receipt in it.

10. I'd kind of forgotten about it and about 6 (or more) months later, I got a thank you note from the girl.

11. interesting! i don't have this experience. if i found something that's dirt or paper scraps inside the pre-owned bags that i bought online. :-s

12. I buy a lot of LV bags on Ebay. I trade dustbags around so it's not always clear which one went with which bag originally. A while back I was trading out bags and got out an empty dustbag and found $20 in it! Nice surprise, no idea which bag it belonged to. ;)

13. I received a bag once that had a sealed envelope in it. I thought it was going to be the polite "thank you & enjoy your new bag" note. It was actually a letter from a mom to her daughter telling her how proud she was of her, enjoy her time in college, and to take care of the handbag!

14. :sad: It makes me sad that the daughter didn't even read the note from her mom!

15. i've gotten socks and miscellaneous junk.