Have you ever been snubbed at a LV store?

I live in Los Angeles and I can't stand any of the SA's at Beverly Center or Century City. I have purchased from both those stores and I am in both locations usually every other week and not one SA at either location ever even says hello and they act like they are doing me a favor helping me. I am always carrying an LV. At least the Rodeo location has an excuse they are always super busy. I can be the only person at either Beverly Center or Century City and I get the same treatment so it is not because they are too busy.

I also actually had the manager at Hollywood and Highland tell my friend that she was lucky that they sold her an Epi Passy.

Next time you go to the Boutique, walk in with confidence, go straight to an available SA and let her know what you are looking for. If he/she refuses to help you, ask to speak with the Manager.

I've been fortunate at the LV boutiques ... but Hermes ~ FORGET it! Those people are like a secret society you have to have a membership card to or something. So I can still relate to what you are saying and I am so sorry you had such a bad experience, next time ... ask for a manager.

How funny, I LOVED Hermes SAs here, theyre honestly the NICEST people ive ever had to deal with in retail! lol

I always use my AMEX for all online purchases. I was once given the run around
by an online store and AMEX took care of it all.

As for the debit card, I don't want to deal with a bank for issues regarding online
purchases. They take forever to process stuff.

Hi, I'm just curious. Why did you say don't use your debit card? ELuxury has put holds on my debit card twice! Once for $2500 and the second time for $300something and I still did'nt get the goods! What happened am I missing something. The money was there both times. And what's worse is that they put the hold on the money, so then you can't buy anything else until they release it:cursing:

I go to both LV boutiques and my most favorite SA is Jennifer at Hotel Vancouver. She usually works Thursdays and Fridays and is an absolute doll. When u walk in just go to any SA and say is Jennifer in? At Holts I like a sweet girl named Melissa.

You also can call the store and tell them what u are interested in and put it on hold, ask for their name and ask for them when you get there.

Hope this helps.

i have been treated horrible so many times that i do not even buy in stores any longer. i buy mostly from eluxury, which has been great or over the phone which can be taxing. i think one of the reasons that i am treated bad is only because i am disabled and in a wheelchair and don't fit the standard look that they want to sell to. also the sa think if your not dressed to the 9's you don't have money which is completly wrong. the funny thing is i saw people say hermes treat people mean, but i have only bought perfume from them and they treat me really nice, so go figure.

Southerncharm I went midday around 12pm or 1pm. I know what you mean about dress code. I was thinking that there are people out there who are millionaires that dress in sweat suites or tshirts and jeans. So I don't know what the problem was.
Thank you for your advice about the speedy though. I would not have known to look for this things. Are the same style bags made in different places? I appreciate your help.:tup:

The speedy is made in France, U.S., and Spain. Some do not care where the bag is made; however since it would be your first bag (and you tell them this at LV) than you should get one made in France. Between you and me though, I have noticed a difference the past 2 years, where I think the items made in France are made superior to the U.S. items. It did not use to be this way but there have been some quality issues with a couple of U.S. made items that I have come across recently. Important, when you do buy your speedy, make sure they provide you a LV gift box and a sleeper bag that is large enough to store the speedy unfolded. I say this, for otherwise, they may provide a sleeper cover that is small and can only hold the speedy folded and you do not want to fold your speedy once you own it, whenever not in use, you want to have it stuffed or filled because folding can cause the canvas to crack later on down the road. Just some tidbit for you!

Hi, I'm just curious. Why did you say don't use your debit card? ELuxury has put holds on my debit card twice! Once for $2500 and the second time for $300something and I still did'nt get the goods! What happened am I missing something. The money was there both times. And what's worse is that they put the hold on the money, so then you can't buy anything else until they release it:cursing:

Both Eluxury and LV website some have had trouble getting refunds on returned items when using their debit cards. Actually other members using the credit cards as well, but their credit card company intervened and processes a chargeback until the problem is resolved on Eluxury's or LV's end. Those with debit cards are still fighting trying to get their money back!

There is no excuse for SA's to snub anyone. They are employees of Louis Vuitton, and their job is to help customers and sell merchandise. If someone comes into the store to buy something, and leaves because the SA snubbed them, then Louis Vuitton has lost business.

I was completely ignored at the Wynn's LV in Las Vegas. Even though none of the SA's were busy, not one approached me. I can't imagine what they were thinking, or why they couldn't be bothered to help a customer. I think it's outrageous that a company with the reputation of LV puts up with that kind of attitude. The funny thing was, I had just spent $4500 at the Caesar's LV that very same day, and I was still looking for a bag that Caesar's didn't have in stock. The Wynn's LV had it. But I was so shocked that no one helped me that I just walked out.

I've heard enough similar stories to think that these aren't isolated incidents. I think you should definitely call the store manager and tell him that you were ignored by the SAs.

I have to say, I haven't. Even though I'm only 21 now, and I've been a few times (only purchased once - speedy azur 30 :yahoo:). I think it's because I'm of chinese origin, and the amount of chinese people who dress like a tramp but buy alot of LV goods is unreal. I'm not one of those with massive buying power (considering i am only 21...) but they probably know better than to snub me in case I am lol.

Which sadly, goes to show that some, some SAs do judge their potential customers.

(I go to the LV boutique in Dublin, but got good treatment in London browsing)

I think it's because I'm of chinese origin, and the amount of chinese people who dress like a tramp but buy alot of LV goods is unreal. I'm not one of those with massive buying power (considering i am only 21...) but they probably know better than to snub me in case I am lol.
quote]
laura711, I'm glad to hear you hadn't had to deal with any horrible customer service issues. However I am asian and was still ignored so I don't think it really matters who you are or what you look like. Especially from what others have shared on here, it does happen and it sucks. :tdown:

It DOES suck - sorry you had to experience it.
SAs should NEVER assume they know anything about the spending abilities of the people who walk in.
Don't let it discourage you, though. It should not matter what an SA thinks of you.
I can think of 2 options: In both cases, remain your pleasant, courteous self. ;)
1. Go back and ask for the manager - explain that you were not able to get any service the last time you were in and got discouraged ...
2. Go back and feel free to approach any of the SAs - preferably one that at least looks somewhat pleasant ... and ask to look at the bag.

It WOULD be nice, but there is no rule that says an SA has to talk to us first.

DO let us know what happens, but don't let it stop you from shopping in person.

I hate it when SAs are like that and that's why I hate Holt Renfrew. Here's a flower :flowers: don't feel bad, you did nothing wrong.
As for me, I've always gotten excellent service from almost all the SAs who all know me well, except for recently... snubbed by the new manager... wow was I shocked...
Thank you CEC.LV4eva, you are so sweet. But wow to be snubbed from a manager?? That's just unacceptable. Sorry that happened to you.