Have you ever been scammed?

benswife2007

MemesTreasures
O.G.
Dec 31, 2010
So I was wondering who else on here has been the victim on a scam. I buy alot online so I expect the scammer to pop up every once in a while. I got one a few weeks ago seller used pics on an authentic neverfull in listing then sent a POS fake in the mail. I know the drill so filed my case and waited it out and got my money back. Now the POS is coming back to me because the seller refused to pay the customs fee in the UK to pick it up (it cost me 45 to ship back :!!) I sure will have fun burning that POS when it gets back here lol! I have also met people in person who tried to sell me a replica and when I told them it wasn't real and I didnt want it they acted shocked and told me great grandma would never buy a fake...yay ok.. Or they would tell me i was mistaken and this was def a real speedy (with a date code of M67845. ..sure sure lol). So have any of you been the victim of one of these scammers?

Wow, you have some hilarious stories. You should share your fake NF burning story with us haha.

Fortunately I have yet to encounter any scammers... and hope I never do.

Fortunately I have not since I always buy directly from the boutiques, although sometimes I'm worried that they might sell me a replica that was returned. So I always end up special ordering my purchases.

Once I ended up with a super-fake White MC Trouville! The only way I could tell it was off was by the slight difference in the shade of the interior and one LV color was off. I had to put it side by side with my White MC Alma though and really study it!! Pretty scary. The date code was perfect too. :sad:

I also ended up with a fake Cerises Speedy 25--my first fake--back in 2006/7. It came with the paper tag hanging by a string attached to the handle!!! I knew right away!! I had to do a cc chargeback and deal with a ton of paperwork, write my life story LOL

Besides those two, nothing else ----I authenticate here or with Carol Ives. :smile:

lol make sure its def fake before you burn it because boy would you reget that lol all of our hears would break a little haha ... but im sure if it was authentic they would have paid customs!!

lol make sure its def fake before you burn it because boy would you reget that lol all of our hears would break a little haha ... but im sure if it was authentic they would have paid customs!!

Oh yeh its def fake lol. Its a better one with leather and all but im 200 percent sure its a BFF. .. A BIG FAT FAKE. yeh the customs fee was like 45 dollars and the woman wrote me wanting me to pay it so she could go pick up her fake scam bag..the nerve of some people. I just didnt answer and she never went to pay the 45 dollars...

yes I have been had a few times. My first ebay purchase many years ago was a fake Coach bag. I should have known there is no such thing as a free hat. When I asked for my money back she told me to go to :devil: Needless to say I was so mad. Then I actually met a girl at the mall and she sold me fake uggs for 100 bucks.........Not cool. Then my most recent was the day before mothers day last year. I brought a totally pm from ebay. It was super super good.........But you cannot fool me. I new it was fake just by looking at the dustbag. I sent it back and went to the LV store the next day and purchased a new one.

But most of the time I do very well on ebay. You just have to know what to look for. It just kills me how many fakes are still on there.

No. I haven't been scammed.

But I have only sold bags from my collection (and I know they are real as I bought them myself!).

I know sellers can get scammed too - but thankfully, it hasn't happened to me!

So far, I've been really lucky and haven't been scammed. The closest I have come to being scammed was back in the early 00's when Uggs were literally impossible to find in the stores. I found a pair in my size on ebay and paid over retail cost (bc I HAD to have them then-LOL) and the seller never shipped them, never contacted me and I had to file a dispute to get my money back. When he finally contacted me, his excuse was that he cheated on his wife and she flipped out and changed all of his e-mail/website passwords on him (mind you I was like 16 or 17 at the time and he was telling me this story!) Not sure if I believe it. Anyway, as far as LV's go...I've purchased 3 LV items from a LV boutique and 2 from ebay/bonzanza and have gotten authentic items both times. I really hope I never come across a fake. It really is frightening how many are out there and how good they are getting. I wish LV could do more about it!

Yes! My first eBay buy 9 years ago was a fake coach. I never bothered to get my $30 back. Then last year a pair of r&r jeans. I sent them back to etailer denimhouse (may they rot in he!!) demanding a refund as they were fakes according to the good ppl at the denim forum and the sent it back stating it was a final sale! Finally had to do a cc chargeback. So you can see my hesitation in buying pre-loved lv. I have always wanted an lv but am so afraid I'll get scammed. In fact, I have an authentication request pending right now.