Have you ever been *really* disappointed by a polish?

PewPew

Meow!
Apr 27, 2014
Maybe it looks better in the bottle... Or it looks nothing like the photos... Or the formula's like mud....

What polishes have disappointed or surprised you?

One that fools me everytime I use it is L'Oreal Brit Invasion. It's a gorgeous deep lavender with gold shimmer in the bottle, but on the nail its a deep brown shimmer that's frosty in some lights. Not bad, but not like the bottle:
IMG_9013.JPG
Reality:
IMG_9014.JPG

Maybe it looks better in the bottle... Or it looks nothing like the photos... Or the formula's like mud....

One that fools me everytime I use it is L'Oreal Brit Invasion. It's a gorgeous deep lavender with gold shimmer in the bottle, but on the nail its a deep brown shimmer that's frosty in some lights. Not bad, but not like the bottle:
View attachment 3847113
Reality:
View attachment 3847121

I have been, but this polish is lovely on you regardless!

Reactions: PewPew

View attachment 3847113
Reality:
View attachment 3847121
YES, I really paid more than I should for this polish, got it home, put it on and hate it. I've also been very dissapointed by a couple of Indie polishes I purchased this summer.

Reactions: PewPew
My biggest disappointment was Butter London's Disco Biscuit. It was so pretty but chipped so quickly, every time. I was so frustrated that I got rid of it with a Makeup Alley Swap.

Oh my yes! She IS chippy... Butter London formulas are sometimes hit or miss for me, but I love the bottles so it's harder than it should be for me to part with one... I can't be a polish hoarder if I just obsess over ones in square bottles, right? :angel::nuts:

Reactions: BalenciagaKitte
I would go with Zoya's Aspen. I was so looking forward to wearing it, because the notion of having glistening snow on your fingernails... sounds amazing, right!? But my Aspen had a terrible formula. Pretty goopy... you had to do three coats to make it look OK. It never dried either.

I would go with Zoya's Aspen. I was so looking forward to wearing it, because the notion of having glistening snow on your fingernails... sounds amazing, right!?.

Ooh yes, I've also been lulled by the idea of "glistening snow" on winter nails! White polishes are so hard to get right.

I also keep falling for whites with shimmer that look gorgeous in the bottle but don't work on my nails. I tried sooo hard to make Tennis Corset (gold microshimmer) & Diorific Winter work... till my coworker said they give me "chronic smoker nails" :facepalm::lol:

Butter London (I had 2 bottles shatter just from me trying to open them - not forcefully either!) - Done with that brand.
China Glaze - I LOVE the colors but they chip so quickly on me!

Zoya Charisma. Somehow it just doesn't look the same when it dries. I don't mean because it's a matte polish (as it turns out because when it came out... Who Knew??) but even with a topcoat it just doesn't look as pretty.