Have you ever been called materialistic?

My sister used to call me matierialistic all the time, even though I feel she can't talk. If she wears an outfit, the whole outfit has to be the same name brand from shirt to socks to belt and sometimes bag. I will wear non-name clothes with an LV or coach bag. I don't care as long as it's nice. With my kids though there is no limit. Even though they tend to mess their clothes up fast.

definately! and regularly! (along with spoiled, high matienance, etc)

doesn't really bother me though. it is definately a facet of who i am although not the only thing i am (and i'm pretty sure that shines through too. ;)) i'm not trying to hide it from anyone.

All the time. It gets on my nerves because to me, materialistic means you only care about your possessions and that's the connotation in which it's usually directed to me.
It mostly comes from strangers though, so it's like, you don't know me, don't judge me by my bag/shoes/clothes or whatever else.
Unfortunately, a lot of the people who do all this judging of others are the ones who fly off the handle when someone says something about them.

Not to my face. I have a lot of nice things, but they're not "bling-ey" because that's just not my taste. I have been told by a friend that my purse obsession is not understandable considering what she knows about me. I'm not sure though exactly what that means! Most people I know probably don't have a clue. They just respond to the style or the color if they see something they like on me. I usually just say "thank you" if someone compliments something of mine. I don't get into who the designer is. If they were really interested in that, they would already know the answer.

Thanks ladies. At least I know it's not just me.

I have this "friend" who was looking at my book collection recently and seemed quite surprised at my interests (historical biographies, art, black renaissance writers...in other words, many non-fashion related things.) I have one book about handbags...it's hidden in my nightstand, so she's never seen it.:lol: ) I never talk to her about fashion or anything like that, so she's basically been judging me according to my wardrobe.:rolleyes: And not that it's a great wardrobe or anything...we're talking mostly jeans (not crazy expensive), a few nice bags and "okay" shoes...Nothing to write home about. She seems to think I'm a "stuff" girl...I probably spend more time in book stores than clothing stores.

:whistle: Just imagine what she'd think of me if I could buy the wardrobe I really want.:lol:

chanelvgirl said:
Sometimes, but mostly spoiled and there's nothing wrong with that:graucho:

Oh, I've gotten the spoiled label all my life; it probably has a lot to do with my being an only child. :rolleyes: Whatever...some of the most spoiled people I've ever met have siblings. :lol: