Have you done something new???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. :nuts: Have you done something new-or tried to do something that you never thought you would be doing?:amazed:
    I just had my first guitar lesson this week:smile: . My 9 year son started guitar lessons about 3 months ago and said it would be cool:love: if Mom did it too. So now I takes lessons after him. The guitar teacher comes to the house.
    I had a really fun time. I never thought here I wouold be 40 something and trying to learn how to play a guitar. Just wanted to share.
    Hope others here have something interesting to share.:lol:

2. well right now im taking a jewelry class, not beading but the metal work involved w/ jewelry... im not the kind of girl to normally work in shops or make things that she can buy but i am thourghly enjoying sawing, designing and soldering my pieces... who knows maybe it will become a life long hobby?

3. I had my first surgery not too long ago :lol: Nothing else really new and exciting you though :sad:

4. I learned how to ride a motorcyle and I'm in my early forties. I always wanted to learn but never did when I was younger. I've been riding for two years now. I have a Honda 750 Shadow and my husband has a Harley-Davison. I really wanted a Harley too but I did not fit on them. I am petite. My feet did not touch the ground which is pretty important when you come to a stop .... lol. The first time I rode in traffic I nearly threw up from nerves. I got over it!!! We have done several charity rides to raise money for the victims' families of 911. We're having a blast!!!

5. Wow, you go girl! vroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. I concur!!! Wow!!!!

7. Thanks Greenie and SuLi!!!! I'll post a pic of me on my "hog" so you can check it out..... lol

8. Pottery. A few years back I wanted to get back into doing some oil painting and was going to take a class .. DH protested that he didn't want paints and stuff all over the place. I was walking by a local art museum and they gave classes, and I saw pottery ... hm I could take pottery so i can paint the pots lol .. well I ended up really enjoying it and did for several years. Haven't done any recently since we moved last summer to Texas but I hope to continue on with it, I love working on the wheel :smile:

Oh ps now we have clay AND paints around the place lol.

9. a couple of months ago, i took a snowboarding lesson! i had so much fun, i can't wait to go back!!!

10. A few months ago I started a purse website, and it seems to be doing well... lol...

Seriously though, I realize in this thread that I've followed the good ol' SSDD concept way too long. I need something new to do.

11. i love learning new languages, my first russian class is next week :nuts:

12. *JJ* - Have you heard of Rosetta Stone?

It's computer software (CBT) computer based training for languages.

I just started the course on Italian. I went to Italy last summer and loved it so much I'm going back again in the fall. This time I want to be able to speak a little Italian.

13. Here's a pic of me on my "hog" .... lol

[​IMG]

14. reminds me of a song....We gotta get out while we’re young
    `cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run (the boss)

woohoo!!! you look great!!!

15. playing Psychonauts on Xbox...haha.