Have you bought a perfume you hated?

I wore Miss Dior Cherie for a while, so my now ex's mom bought me J'adore for Christmas. I smelt it and put it on my dresser until recently because I have a scent that I love at the moment. I sprayed the J'adore on my way out the door one morning because I didn't have my other perfume handy and ended up with a terrible headache all day from the scent. Coudln't get away from it because it was on my clothes! Luckily it was a gift so I didn't waste any money.

YES! Jessica Simpson Fancy Love (the one in the white bottle -- I LOVE her original Fancy though). Ugh! Loved it on the tester -- I was an idiot for buying it only from the 'paper sniff' and was a sucker for the free lace-embosed tote that it came with. People will hate me for this, but it made me so ill I just tossed it in the trash. Should have sold it but I was pretty disgusted. Baby powder mixed with grass clippings smell. Ugh.

i was drawn in by the bond no. 9 bleecker street perfume bottle. i tried it and it smelled really nice, but by the end of the day it had dried down, and made me smell like parsley. it was awful and i couldn't return it quickly enough.

^ YES! That happens to me all the time!!! I swear they make samples smell better than the real thing. :yes:

ITA! I have bought several perfumes that I ended up hating... Luckily, most of them were purchased at Sephora so I could take them back.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Miss Dior Cherie, and D&G Rose the One all come to mind. They give me a headache, and this tends to happen with a lot of perfumes. I have horrible luck buying perfumes - I think I like a fragrance, and then after I buy it I realize I don't like it. That's why I'm a big fan of perfume samples.

Anything by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. Used to be great, but too plastic, synthetic, & beyond commercial now. Lots of hype to get in your wallet. If they'd go back to putting as much quality and creativity into their perfume oils as they do in their marketing... sigh.

The worst perfume I have ever smelled is Volo AZ 686 by Profumum. I ordered a sample because I LOVE others from the Profumum line.

To me it smelled like the cleaning agents they use to clean public toilets, mixed with rotting white flowers. Just really disgusting. I made 2 friends try it on - one hated it as much as i did (gagged on first sniff) and the other loved it so much she bought a bottle.

No accountin' for taste.

I have a bad habit of buying fragrances based on others reviews, and the descriptions. I really need to smell them myself first!

I take my unwanted bottles to work and set them out in our ladies room. They are gone in no time. Sometimes the bottles remain there but people use them. It makes me feel better that I have not completely wasted my money.