Have/Would You Ever Call A Psychic ?

Hmmmmm.....I think that many of them are scam artists. I also believe that many of them actually can pedict your future and they get the information from sources that I honestly do believe exist and seriously frighten me. So either way, I'm scared. I've never even been curious to consult with them. Just my .02 cents......

I live in upstate New York about an hour away from Lilydale -- a community of psychics. There is a book about Lilydale if you are interested . . . I have gone there twice -- had readings with the same person each time. I was frankly amazed. I don't really believe that psychics can tell the future, but I do believe that they somehow can tap in to your energy -- they can read you. They can tell what kinds of feelings you are having and articulate things about what is happening in your life, and thereby bring issues into the open. Having said that, this woman did a reading that amazed not only me but my skeptical son and husband (they listened to the tape) and her "insight" brought me a great deal of comfort -- even if she did just pull it out of what she sensed, coming from me.

clanalois said:
Well, considering that it is the science of the natural world that deals with the profound fundamental constituents of the entire universe, the forces they exert upon one another, and the results produced by these forces (in other words, life), I would be positively quivering in my humble, mortal shoes at the thought of giving it a call...

Oh wait.

You mean psychics! :idea:

Nah, they're a scam.

:P :idea:

i can't say whether or not i believe in psychics because i've never spoken to one. but there's a possibility that there are people in this world who see things in a spiritual sense. ways to see things we don't in the flesh.

kitskats said:
I'm going to a gallery-like group next month to see John Edward.
My mother was read by a local psychic many times and was a believer.
She was probably cold read. What she was told was very general to me.
I have to see John in person. The man is gorgeous.
I don't think he's so gorgeous but I think he is amazingly convincing and so sincere. I find him mezmerizing.

My sister in-law is always calling one of those phone line Psychics
to find out if she should play the lotto, it seem to work for her she wins all the time mostly small $50.00 or $100.00 but once she won $5.000 after she talked to her Physic. Queue the spooky music.

PS If it’s been a few days between phone calls her Psychic calls her! If she so “physic shouldn’t she just know why my sis-in-law hasn’t called? LOl

i don't think i'd ever call a physic... i'd get too obessed about what they say... i'd rather let my "life" take me where im suppose to be... (if that makes any sense)

I haven't called one but I saw one that my friend referred me to. She knew completely intimate details and facts about my grandparents, my job, boyfriend/his family, ex-boyfriend's death, etc. How they died, things I felt toward my parents, etc.

I went in completely open minded but didn't mutter a word. She just started rambling off facts that nobody could have known. I've seen her a few times and things she told me have happened.

So I would never call an 800 number but after having a personal experience I do believe. I also believe there are many scam artists out there so it's almost impossible to find a real one.

Mine doesn't read cards or hold your palms. She just sits there and can (here you go thinking I'm crazy) communicate with energy example my ex-boyfriend who passed in 2005. She would start laugh at some of the stuff he was saying, but she described him to a tee and repeats what he says when it's funny. All in all for her to imitate and quote the personalities of my grandparents and exboyfriend frankly amazed me.

Overall it was a life changing situation though and very positive.

I would never phone a psychic, I think they are a rip off. I have, however, been to psychic meeting where a guest psychic has been invited and has 'tuned in' to individuals in the room, including me. The event only cost $2 a head, so it was not a money making event. I was astounded at how accurate a few of these psychics were. There were many things I did not understand at the time, but in the future became true. I am still shocked to this day.

I did go to another psychic for a one-on-one meeting, who charged $30 for an hour. It was the biggest waste of money and load of cock and bull I have ever heard.

There are genuine and honest mediums/psychics out there, but they are usually the ones who are not trying to fleece you out of lots of money. I had the best experiences when I went to psychic group meetings. They were wonderful and none of those psychics were there to benefit their own wallet. The $2 from each guest barely covered the tea, cake and psychic's travelling costs.

So yes, I do believe in mediums/psychics, but I also believe there are 20 fake psychics for every genuine one (the odds are probably even worse).

Hmm... no most are a scam - especially the TV ones. I watched the John Edward Cross thingy show on TV, what a load of rubbish that was, same for most other TV psychics, the John Edward ones always go something like this:

JE: Do you have an uncle called Egbert?
Person: OMG yes!
JE: And they are the other side?
P: ...yes...
JE: And they went like this, 1 2 3. Yes? *snaps fingers* 1 2 3, they went 1 2 3 bam, quickly, 1 2 3. They just went 1 2 3, they were here then 1 2 3 gone. Did they go like this 1 2 3?
P: *shaking* OMG yes, they did, they had a heart attack.
JE: Yes I can feel them. And you had a Great-Aunt Mergatroyd?
P: Wow, yes!
JE: And she a cat called Mittens?
P: umm... no...
JE: Well I'm getting a cat... Does anyone in this studio audience own a cat?
Second Person: Yes I do!
JE: Are they called Mittens?
SP: No...Michael
JE: I knew there was a cat - he's on the other side, yes?
And it just goes on and on and on like that, he doesn't tell them anything new, he just keeps telling them the names (sometimes not even that) of people who have died in their family.

So no, most are a scam. Although some like on Psychic Investigators sound completely real, they must be doing something right if they help the Police find missing people and bodies and stuff.

I might go to a palm reader or something just for fun, or to a psychic and feed them wrong info to see what they make up :biggrin: