Have u seen Hermes heat stamp that bleed?

Xiang xiang.. I have seen an epsom birkin that has bleeding stamp. . I was quite appalled. Afterall, is it deemed as a defect? I was quite hesitant to purchase from a reseller.

Hi Tammy.. would u like to post pics on ur bags that has the bleeding stamps?

Xiang xiang.. I have seen an epsom birkin that has bleeding stamp. . I was quite appalled. Afterall, is it deemed as a defect? I was quite hesitant to purchase from a reseller.

Hi Tammy.. would u like to post pics on ur bags that has the bleeding stamps?

It is definitely NOT a defect. Epsom is a very hard and grainy leather therefore this "blooding" can happen. I have seen the process of heat stamping and the harder, grainier the leather, the more difficult to stamp.

Of course you can choose not to buy such a bag but they will pass QA in Hermes.

I had a bleeding heatstamp on a Togo bag. I didn't worry too much about it but during my first trip to FSH I asked a SA about it and she promptly gave me a tote bag in which to put my things, took my bag to a craftsman in the back and had it back to me before I'd finished shopping around. Believe it or not it looked as good as new. I'm usually pretty uptight about my bags, esp. one that is so expensive, but knowing that it was handmade allowed me not to stress about that little imperfection. Still, when the opportunity presented itself, I did have it fixed ;)

Reactions: missBV
A couple of my newest bags from FSH have bleeding hotstamps.

This. A friend of mine got b30 clemence etain GHW from FSH only like 2 months ago and the it has bleeding stamp on Hermes Paris Made in France. It was quite obvious but since she got it straight from the boutique she didnt make a lot of fuss about it.

I would totally reject a bag with a bleeding heat stamp. Sorry...I demand perfection at that price point regardless of handcrafting...but that's just me.

This. A friend of mine got b30 clemence etain GHW from FSH only like 2 months ago and the it has bleeding stamp on Hermes Paris Made in France. It was quite obvious but since she got it straight from the boutique she didnt make a lot of fuss about it.

Wow.. Seems like it's a common problem. . Is it just a letter that had the bleeding problem or it happens to a few letters?

what is bledding stamp ?

my " hermes made in france " lindy ( clemence ) stamp is faded . completely disappear ! :wtf:

i sent it with sa to paris , takes maybe 6 months or more , sa tell me . she also say is common problem , but don ' t know why .

what is bledding stamp ?

my " hermes made in france " lindy ( clemence ) stamp is faded . completely disappear ! :wtf:

i sent it with sa to paris , takes maybe 6 months or more , sa tell me . she also say is common problem , but don ' t know why .
Its like the heat stamp is smudged or the silver/gold ink has seeped out from the letterings.. liken to putting on red lipstick without lipliner n u get some of the red lipstick seeping into the fine wrinkles on ur mouth.. haha! Im sorry I'm just so lousy in explaining this!