Have u ever had a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought or used... NOPE
but I do have a brand new fake PH and a some kind of pochette and a watch at our garage...
All items were gifts. (dont know what to do with them...)

I have never had a fake, but to be honest I understand why some people buy them. There are many people in the world who will never in their wildest dreams be able to afford real LV. I am very grateful that I can afford a real LV and I do not look down on people who have fakes if they cannot afford real. We on this forum probably have a higher standard of living than 99.9% of the population.

That being said, I do think most fakes look bad and do bring the LV label down.

I have never had a fake, but to be honest I understand why some people buy them. There are many people in the world who will never in their wildest dreams be able to afford real LV. I am very grateful that I can afford a real LV and I do not look down on people who have fakes if they cannot afford real. We on this forum probably have a higher standard of living than 99.9% of the population.

That being said, I do think most fakes look bad and do bring the LV label down.

I think it is WRONG to knowingly own a fake for so MANY reasons. I understand so people cannot afford real LV but people need to learn to be happier with themselves than to "front" a fake handbag. It is against the law, in some case supports child labor and terrorist organizations and it's simply unethical! When I didn't have the money for LV (even though it was my DREAM bag) I didn't carry a fake I carried purses from Coach ot even whatever brand from Target and I didn't feel like less of a person (This is when my parents cut me off basically-LOL) or that I wasn't living my "dream."

So someone may think they are not doing anything wrong buy carrying a fake but they are!

I think it is WRONG to knowingly own a fake for so MANY reasons. I understand so people cannot afford real LV but people need to learn to be happier with themselves than to "front" a fake handbag. It is against the law, in some case supports child labor and terrorist organizations and it's simply unethical! When I didn't have the money for LV (even though it was my DREAM bag) I didn't carry a fake I carried purses from Coach ot even whatever brand from Target and I didn't feel like less of a person (This is when my parents cut me off basically-LOL) or that I wasn't living my "dream."

So someone may think they are not doing anything wrong buy carrying a fake but they are!

I understand where you are coming from with your post, but as I said I also understand some people buying fakes if they can't get the real stuff. It doesn't make it right necessarily, but I do understand why they do it. Most of the people I see with obvious fakes are teenagers who think they just have to have the hot new bag in school. Also, I think some just do not know their bag is fake.

BTW, I still carry a Target bag that I just love! I get so many compliments on it, no one would guess where it was from. ;) When people do ask, I say Target. No shame in getting a bargain IMO!

Yes, I was scammed by an awful Ebay seller. I purchased what I thought was an authentic Petite Ellipse for over $300. I was really foolish then(before I found tPF). I paid with a cashier's check and sent it to a P.O. Box. The seller had 100% fb when I sent the payment. After I e-mailed the seller to say that payment was mailed, I stopped hearing back from her. The bag arrived and I was so new to LV that I still thought it might be real. I also started to get my e-mails returned as undelivered. I checked Ebay and not only was she no longer a registered user, she had received a slew of neg fb for FAKE LV. :sad: I've never purchased another bag on Ebay again. The bag was for my mom and she has it tucked away in the recesses of her closet never to see light again.

I feel sick every time I think back about that bag and I can't look at an Ellipse without feeling foolish and upset at how naive I was. I am sooo thankful for the forum and the lovely people here who have been teaching me how to identify awful fakes from the real thing. It's making me feel more comfortable about going out into the pre-owned waters again.:yes:

Needless to say I HATE HATE HATE fakes and the awful souless people who sell and manufacture them!

Yes...early in my purse buying career when didn't know any better. I bought a fake Kate Spade and Burberry and ended throwing them both out once I foud out. As for LV...I've been really lucky thanks to the help of all the PF members.

Yes, the old bait and switch tactic with a white MC speedy back when the line just came out. I knew I should have been suspicious because it didn't make sense that the bags were brand new and very limited, yet the ebay seller had 3 up for sale simultaneously :cursing::cursing::cursing:. The pictures were very real, unfortunately the bag was VERY FAKE! I paid about half of retail for it, thinking I was getting a great deal... ahhhh so naive. I didn't know right off the bat because it was actually decently made, with the correct colors even and the leather also develops patina. However, one week into my owning it (and carrying it thinking it was real, unfortunately) the red interior on that front pocket bled onto the canvas outside. So gross.
Earlier this year my friend also gave me a fake Globe shopper GM. This one was actually an impressive fake with all the details correct, but I think the color of the screenprint was off. Instead of being burgundy, it's more of a dusty pink?!?
Anyhow, those two are sitting in the dark recesses of my closet like the bastard stepchildren of my LV collection that they are.

My brother's ex-girlfriend bought me a fake Ferragamo purse from China a couple of years back and my SIL bought me a fake Ralph Lauren purse. I don't know anything about these 2 brands but hey, if they came in clear plastic bags, they can't be right, right? I just kept making up excuses as to why I wasn't using them and into my to-donate box they went and u know what, they're still in there 'cos I can't see myself donating fakes...sigh...

I have never bought any fakes, but I recently had some given to me. A co-worker of my husband's knows I love LV. His wife made a trip to Mexico and bought a ton of fake lv's for $15 each. He sent some to me because he thought I would like them just as much as my real ones and save my husband and me some money. haha. They were awful. As you can see in the pictures, theyr'e all supposed to be cerises. They all went to the trash soon after I took the pics. :throwup:

Attachments

• fakes.jpg
    fakes.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 204
About 10 years ago, my girlfriend was an international flight attendant for a major airline and one of her frequent stops was parts of Asai. She always came back w/ a huge amount of fakes to sell when she got back to the states. I have to admit I was interested, but when I saw how bad they looked, I just couldn't do it....then I started aquiring many genuine items, and after that I never had the desire to have a fake again. She no longer flies, but still carries her fakes proudly!!

Anne

I have never bought any fakes, but I recently had some given to me. A co-worker of my husband's knows I love LV. His wife made a trip to Mexico and bought a ton of fake lv's for $15 each. He sent some to me because he thought I would like them just as much as my real ones and save my husband and me some money. haha. They were awful. As you can see in the pictures, theyr'e all supposed to be cerises. They all went to the trash soon after I took the pics. :throwup:

OMG LMAO! Those are awful! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Thanks for sharing! You made my day! Just like a man to think the fake is as good as the REAL DEAL (if ya know what I mean)! LOL

Yes,unfortunately, this was WAY before I knew fake LVs even existed,that hadn't crossed my mind and this was also when I had first heard about it, I remember watching Newlyweds and seeing Jessica Simpson w/all her LV and I was like dang I want one of those so I finally got one one year for Christmas, it was a black multicolore papillion (I think I heard that LV doesn't make a black multicolore papillion) and I don't know the name of the other bag but it was also black multicolore and it had like the dalmation fur on the bottom,so I got both of those for Christmas and like I said, I had no idea they were fake,I was just really excited that I got one of these bags cuz I knew they costed a fortune and I carried them out in public,nobody ever said anything to me like,ohh you know you got a fake bag right? but before I knew I still had a fake, I went into the LV store w/it and the people that worked in there gave me the weirdest stares and I felt bad cuz I was like huh? why are they staring at me? But if it hadn't been for this forum and all you helpful people on here,I would've never known about fake LVs.But anyway, after I went on about all this, I never thought to look up fake LVs on the internet, I had heard about them one time from someone after I had all my fake lvs and it never crossed my mind and I thought well I'm sure mine aren't fake.Over the years,I kept denying that I had fake LVs,so I just kept getting them but then one year,I got a fake denim speedy like thing and I loved it,I also got a matching wallet to go w/it and as I was carrying it,one of the flippin handles broke off and I noticed the poorly stitching job that was on the handles and I said yeah I need to face it,I've been carrying fake LVs and I just didn't wanna believe it but now that I know about it, I've let my mom in on it and I'm getting a REAL Louis Vuitton for Christmas! :yes: All those fakes are sitting in my closet right now,including fake Prada,Chloe,Balenciaga,LV duffle bag,I'll prolly give them to my friend cuz she was going nuts about having them,she has NO clue about fake LVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.