have u a friend who copy cats ur style?

not a friend, but my sister-in-law. she hasn't lived in the same town where i live for several years now, but when she did, she tried to emulate me and how i dressed as often as possible. it was so obvious that my husband noticed, and believe me, he never notices these things. at first i was kind of annoyed by it, but then i took it as flattery.

she was miss plain jane until she moved here and then she was wearing makeup, started styling her hair, she would buy designer bags, etc. when my brother-in-law started making really good money (after they moved away), he apparently upgraded her e-ring and even though it's not my type at all, it's a lot bigger than her original one. i remember when we first saw them after she got it, instead of telling me he upgraded it for her (which i had no idea about) she would wave her hand around so we would see it, which of course we did.

i'm not the kind of person that gets jealous over something like that, because imo, my e-ring rocks, but whatever—to each their own.

^^^^
You don't understand because it isn't happening to you. She just didn't do it with one item. She's done it with several items. I understand that they just didn't produce one product for me; that would be a selfish mindset. But she PURPOSELY goes out to find things I'm interested in and buys them. I think it's very strange. Sorry but that's how I feel and I was just simply venting. No need to bash me when I come here to vent.

It has happened to me, so I do understand. Like I said..so what. I mean, if you're seriously talking SWF stuff, like hair cut, hair color, style of clothes, car, phone, trying to steal your bf then killing him with her shoe...then yeah, I can see the concern, but in your post, you mention 2 phones and a bed set. I can only go from that. What's the big deal?
As for bashing...how am I bashing you? Have I called you any names? I'm simply replying to your post.

Nope none of my friends care to copy my style. They don't like or are interested in any of the same things (that's everything) as me and vice versa. We can't even agree on a movie much less about fashion, politics, religion, etc.

It has happened to me, so I do understand. Like I said..so what. I mean, if you're seriously talking SWF stuff, like hair cut, hair color, style of clothes, car, phone, trying to steal your bf then killing him with her shoe...then yeah, I can see the concern, but in your post, you mention 2 phones and a bed set. I can only go from that. What's the big deal?
As for bashing...how am I bashing you? Have I called you any names? I'm simply replying to your post.

Ok Charles I'm past it and I'm past you. Have a good day. :biggrin:

My friends and I have different tastes, so no.
My mom and I tend to dress alike, though this may just be by osmosis! There have been a couple times when we get dressed independently to go out. We'll walk into the hallway and find that we're wearing the SAME thing!

i have a friends that end up purchasing the same things i do when we go shopping... i don't mind it at all, especially if we don't live in the same town! i think it's flattering and goes to show how similar we are. i buy things that they choose first too, as long as they are ok with it.

on the other hand, i have a guy friend who always tries to out do me.... when i bought a condo, he bought a house, when i bought a new lcd, he bought a bigger led.... now that's annoying!!

yes, but its just little things. Like she saw my new coat and loved it so much she went out and found one like it, but not the same one. It's flattering to me. She said, "I hope you don't mind, but I liked your coat so much I had to go get one."

I'm so glad I found this thread because I totally have a friend in my circle who copies things I buy and it's getting on my nerves! I have other friends who buy the same clothes/bags as me, but it doesn't bother me at all. What annoys me about this one particular friend is that she does it on the sly. Such as, I'll wear something (bag/clothes/shoes), and she won't even mention the item she intends to copy...then she'll show up in it the next time I see her, again not commenting at all. It gives me a shady impression, like she's "stealing", whereas my other friends who buy the same things do it very openly, and will ask me where I purchased the item, or tell me that they liked it so they ended up buying it. I laughed when I saw the Single White Female reference b/c that's totally how my husband refers to her. I know this is a truly petty pet peeve but it's nice to know I'm not alone!