Have to vent......My Speedy Roses was called a FAKE

annie1

Sep 12, 2009
Went to dinner with my son and his roomates. Was using my Speedy Roses bag. As we are leaving I overhear 2 women say to each other "Thats a fake" I was so upset I almost turned around and said something but just kept walking. I have never seen anyone here with this bag so now Iam paranoid about wearing it. It did look great black skinny jeans, boots, grey sweater and "THE BAG" in quesiton. Am I just being over sensative........

Well, they just show they have no idea about current styles and whatnot- I am glad you ended up keeping that speedy! Plus they were probably jealous and needed to cackle at you to feel better- :smile:

Honestly, if I heard it, yes it would have bothered me too. I probably would have turned around with a smile and said "no, not this one". And walked away, but that is just me. One thing I have learned is that in cities where LV is not as visible, people tend to think it is fake more often then not. Larger cities it tends to be more common to see them. Where I am it is 50/50. As often as I see an authentic, I also see a fake, but usually the fake is Coach. Brush it off and continue to enjoy your bag. Our outfits sounded perfect BTW:tup:

Yes where we live in Southern Virginia is bad enough my DH speaks with a thick Irish accent but when you see a LV its the real deal funny cause my SA at Nordies always says most of LV that he sees are fakes and was sooooo excited when I showed her to him. Its nice to have a "GUY" friend around.

Yes, it is annoying but who cares, you will never see those two busybody jealous women again......the only reason people talk trash is because they have issues with THEMSELVES, not your bag.

Use it and enjoy it! Any LV aficionado would know it was the real deal.

Sorry that happened. But I do agree that most people who call LV's out loud are just jealous. Enjoy your Speedy and wear it with pride! It's real and gorgeous and no amount of unknowledgeable jealous people can change that!