Have to share my EXCITEMENT!!

OMG, I love him--he's so beautiful and has that boxer pride. Not my business, but why does Boo Boo's owner want to give him to another family? In any case, he would be the luckiest dog ever to have you! I wouldn't be able to not take him, but I love dogs, esp. boxers, so much.

Best wishes to you, ranskimmie, whatever you decide!:heart:

Hi boxermom!
yes, he is georgeous! The owner said she is giving her away since she moved back in with her parents. Her parents dont want him :crybaby: He's only 7 months old. I will be meeting him this evening, Im bringing Chloe my Shih tzu and my 3yr. old son to see how good the three get along:sweatdrop:

LOOK, LOOK!! Here are pics of the sweetie Im in love with at the shelter. I so need help on my decission making between Boo Boo and this little beauty. My gosh this is sooooo hard:shrugs:

Attachments

• 121106_15331.jpg
    121106_15331.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 121106_15332.jpg
    121106_15332.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 121106_15341.jpg
    121106_15341.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 47
LOOK, LOOK!! Here are pics of the sweetie Im in love with at the shelter. I so need help on my decission making between Boo Boo and this little beauty. My gosh this is sooooo hard:shrugs:

OMG will you look at that face?! TAKE ME HOME MOM:heart:
This furbaby looks like some of our sweet dog park friends.

We adopted from shelters too, yay for shelter dogs 'n' cats!!

How can you say no to the little guy at the shelter? You two bonded and he's adorable! I say, if you think they would all get along, get both boxers. I have three dogs and it took a little time, but they love each other and provide each other with invaluable companionship.

Her face is irresistible. I'm just speaking for myself--you have to do what works for your family--but I couldn't leave her in the pound if there was a way to give her a good home. Is there still someone else who wants her? Does the pound screen potential owners at all? (I worry about people adopting a breed that they aren't prepared for) I have so many questions--white boxers are often deaf--is this one deaf? If she is, she needs a hearing dog companion to "learn" and develop to the best of her ability.

Sorry to bombard you like this. I take my boxers seriously! I KNOW you will be a wonderful furmommy whatever you decide. (If you can't take both boxers, seriously consider the white one if she's available to you--you could be saving her life)

Well here is my most recent delima/update:
We went to see Boo Boo the brown boxer this evening. My heart just wasnt there since he was at a beautiful home which he would remain in if no one adopted him. He was very beautiful, strong and VERY VERY HYPER! But adorable. But the whole time I was there all I could do was think about the bond I felt with the poor sweetie at the shelter. I just bonded with her the very second I saw her. My husband and I decided to pass on Boo Boo and just wait to see if Im able to get my shelter boxer.
boxermom: I have heard that white boxers can be deaf....I was wondering myself if she is deaf. She was extremely calm while all of the other dogs were barking away when they brought in other strays. Would that be a sign? Or was she just extremely comfortable with me sitting right next the her petting her and holding her paw? If on the 22nd of Dec. the person with the first hold dosent take her I will definetely be adopting her. Can you believe the shelter did not screen me or my family at all? I guess this shelters population is so high and they do many, many uthenasias per week they will be happy just to see anyone give them a home. It is so sad for me. This is my very first experience with a shelter. If you or anyone has any helpful info. I will be more than thankful for it. I'll be keeping you all posted!

Oh I hope it works out for you! I have two rescued fur kids whom I adore.

As to whether he's deaf, I'm sure you can manage if he is. My dear kitty Max (who lived to almost 22 years old) was deaf for the last year of his life. When he was 17 or so I started to use hand signals knowing he would likely go deaf. He caught on quickly and I swear knew what the hand signal "I love you" meant.

Good luck!

If on the 22nd of Dec. the person with the first hold dosent take her I will definetely be adopting her. Can you believe the shelter did not screen me or my family at all? I guess this shelters population is so high and they do many, many uthenasias per week they will be happy just to see anyone give them a home. It is so sad for me. This is my very first experience with a shelter. If you or anyone has any helpful info. I will be more than thankful for it. I'll be keeping you all posted!

I am glad you decided to adopt her if she is still available. The fact that you are so concerned about her situation shows that the two of you are right for each other. And, to adopt a pet from a shelter is the absolute most humanitarian thing a person can do. Imagine loving and nurturing and sharing your family with this dog!

In my experience shelters always do background checks, but as you mentioned, maybe they're too overwhelmed to do so. In any case, you're doing the right thing, especially since she may having a hearing problem. Some people may pass her over just for this reason. But you have enough love to help her if in fact she is hearing impaired. I have had pets with major health problems and it doesn't diminish the love I feel for them at all!

Best wishes and thanks again for adopting from a shelter! Please let us know....we'll be holding our collective breaths until Dec. 22!

I just saw pictures of that white beauty and ...oh my god how can you say no to that face?

I rescued both my aussies one from the pound and the other from a rescue group...I am very surprised they didn't screen you because when I got Porsche (my avatar) from the rescue group the questionnaire was about 50 questions long with personal references (that had to own pets plus a vet that knew us) and a visit to the property to make sure it was suitable for the poochie.

Regarding the possibility of her being deaf, it might be possible considering what you mentioned about her being so calm. What I would do is ask if you can see her alone in a room and stand behind her if possible and clap or make a loud noise. This is how the people at the aussie rescue group find out if a rescue dog has hearing problems.

Good luck again and I hope you can get your baby!!! It's great you're rescuing her... rescue puppies are the way to go!!

Deaf dogs are just as smart as any dogs...they rely on their noses!!!
ITA with what Leelee mentioned:
- handsignal training is just as effective as regular training.
- you might be lucky because unfortunately a lot of people turn down amazing dogs just because they have a little problem

Sorry for ranting... I always love a good shelter story with a perfect ending!!!

boxermom: I have heard that white boxers can be deaf....I was wondering myself if she is deaf. She was extremely calm while all of the other dogs were barking away when they brought in other strays. Would that be a sign? Or was she just extremely comfortable with me sitting right next the her petting her and holding her paw? If on the 22nd of Dec. the person with the first hold dosent take her I will definetely be adopting her. Can you believe the shelter did not screen me or my family at all? I guess this shelters population is so high and they do many, many uthenasias per week they will be happy just to see anyone give them a home. It is so sad for me. This is my very first experience with a shelter. If you or anyone has any helpful info. I will be more than thankful for it. I'll be keeping you all posted![/quote]

You are totaly right. My husband grew up with boxers and the white ones can be problematic. Deafness is a trait amognst the white ones. Sadly, they are usually put down at birth. :crybaby:
Having a deaf dog is more work, but people do it successfully with time and patience.
She is beautiful.:heart::heart:
Good luck, I hope you get her.

You should ask the shelter/pound if they have tested her for deafness. If she is, does the person ahead of you on the list know about this? It could be a deal-breaker for them, and you would get her. You said you already have a dog, so if there is a hearing problem, she will take "cues" from your hearing dog. And deaf dogs are perfectly capable of learning hand signals as RenantaM said. She looks like such a sweetheart. I hope you get her.

Shyloo, I grew up with boxers and the breeders did put down the white puppies. There's a movement now to reverse that idea, and some people seek out white boxers. They can't be registered AKC, but who cares? Unless you're going to show your dog, it doesn't matter.

Good luck, ranskimmie, with finding out all you need to know about this beautiful dog, and if she is deaf, does the other potential adopter know.It could mean that you get to take her home!:heart: