Have to return purchase to Japan and seller tells me to mark gift??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I purchased a very expensive Chanel bag from a seller in Japan. The bag was listed as mint condition and came with the CHanel box, dustbag etc. WHen I received there is a scuff on bottom of the bag (description said bottom corners were mint) and no mention of the box being covered on the bottom outside and corners of inside in mildew! Yuck!
    Anyway seller said I can mail it back but asked me to put gift on package. I thought I should mark it return? Also he asked me to lower value, I have no idea what value seller put on the box since it appears to be in Japanese. It is over 120.00 to mail back global ups. What would you all do regarding marking customs form?

THANK YOU!

2. Declare the actual value. Otherwise if anything happens you will only be reimbursed for the amount you claimed.

3. I think you can mark the return as a return so that he doesn't have to pay import fees.

4. I think so, too- but please double-check first. You shouldn't have to undergo any extra risk due to a dishonest seller!