Have I made a mistake?

Guccigirl83

Jan 24, 2018
help! I’m worried I’ve made a terrible mistake!
I went to my local LV store today in the hope of picking up the new wave black heart bag, I’ve been lusting after this ever since I saw it online and loved how cute it was and the fact it can be used as a belt bag and a cross body bag.
When I got to the store I asked expecting to be laughed at if they ever got any of the Palm spring minis in, I’ve admired this bag for a while but never seriously considered buying it as it’s always sold out online. Anyway to my surprise the SA produced one Palm Springs mini from behind the counter. I spent an hour trying the 2 bags on and trying to decide which to get. I felt like I should get the heart bag as that’s what drew me into the store in the first place but felt like the back pack was easier to find style inspiration for as thousands of women have it already and there’s loads of pics on Instagram but I haven’t really seen many with the heart and felt maybe the grungy style of the back pack suited me better. Anyway I felt really pressured to make my mind up and there was literally a queue of vultures waiting for whichever bag I didn’t choose as each only had one in stock.
My mum and the SA convinced me to get the heart bag even though I said the fact my phone doesn’t fit in it really bothered me. So I got it and as soon as I got home realised I should have been more practical and got the mini backpack! I phoned the store which of course goes through to the call centre in France instead of the actual store which is an hour away from my home and was told by a very rude woman the bag was gone and it’s my own fault as I should know how rare these bags are and that there were waiting lists for waiting lists and it was sold out everywhere and I’d never be able to get it! Now I feel really angry with myself and desperately want it! I don’t know if I now want it just because I can’t have it as I was never planning on purchasing it before hand and I’ve seen it kicking about online for the last couple of years or if I genuinely want it. I also now don’t know if I should keep the heart bag which is gorgeous but doesn’t fit my phone! Or if I should return it and just get my money back? I’m usually a Gucci shopper and my SA there is amazing but although I’ve been buying more from LV lately I’ve always found the staff pretty unhelpful so highly doubt they’ll attempt to source me a mini PS. Help what should I do? Am I better to stick with the heart or return it and should I just push the apparently impossible ps out my head? Is that now on the way out and over saturated now anyway! advice please!

help! I’m worried I’ve made a terrible mistake!
I went to my local LV store today in the hope of picking up the new wave black heart bag, I’ve been lusting after this ever since I saw it online and loved how cute it was and the fact it can be used as a belt bag and a cross body bag.
When I got to the store I asked expecting to be laughed at if they ever got any of the Palm spring minis in, I’ve admired this bag for a while but never seriously considered buying it as it’s always sold out online. Anyway to my surprise the SA produced one Palm Springs mini from behind the counter. I spent an hour trying the 2 bags on and trying to decide which to get. I felt like I should get the heart bag as that’s what drew me into the store in the first place but felt like the back pack was easier to find style inspiration for as thousands of women have it already and there’s loads of pics on Instagram but I haven’t really seen many with the heart and felt maybe the grungy style of the back pack suited me better. Anyway I felt really pressured to make my mind up and there was literally a queue of vultures waiting for whichever bag I didn’t choose as each only had one in stock.
My mum and the SA convinced me to get the heart bag even though I said the fact my phone doesn’t fit in it really bothered me. So I got it and as soon as I got home realised I should have been more practical and got the mini backpack! I phoned the store which of course goes through to the call centre in France instead of the actual store which is an hour away from my home and was told by a very rude woman the bag was gone and it’s my own fault as I should know how rare these bags are and that there were waiting lists for waiting lists and it was sold out everywhere and I’d never be able to get it! Now I feel really angry with myself and desperately want it! I don’t know if I now want it just because I can’t have it as I was never planning on purchasing it before hand and I’ve seen it kicking about online for the last couple of years or if I genuinely want it. I also now don’t know if I should keep the heart bag which is gorgeous but doesn’t fit my phone! Or if I should return it and just get my money back? I’m usually a Gucci shopper and my SA there is amazing but although I’ve been buying more from LV lately I’ve always found the staff pretty unhelpful so highly doubt they’ll attempt to source me a mini PS. Help what should I do? Am I better to stick with the heart or return it and should I just push the apparently impossible ps out my head? Is that now on the way out and over saturated now anyway! advice please!
Don’t blame the staff please! You made a decision that you regret. We’ve all been there. Go back to the store next week. Return the heart bag and if they don’t have the backpack, get your money back. Which city is your boutique in?

When I got to the store I asked expecting to be laughed at if they ever got any of the Palm spring minis in, I’ve admired this bag for a while but never seriously considered buying it as it’s always sold out online.
My mum and the SA convinced me to get the heart bag even though I said the fact my phone doesn’t fit in it really bothered me.

My short answer: neither bag is for you. Return the heart bag and get something else entirely.

My long answer: I had the EXACT same experience as you in Dec 2017. I never seriously considered a PS mini until an SA brought it out after I offhandedly asked for one. Unlike you, I bought it and took it home. I bought it because it was hard to find,
Not because I really really wanted it. I mean, I liked it from afar, I thought it was cute, but I didn’t seriously want one. You said yourself above you never seriously considered it. When I got home I began to regret my purchase.... I am sure that if you’d bought the PS mini you will also regret it.

Also, The PS mini has issues with the zipper cracking the canvas edge, when opened many times.

Regarding the heart bag, you already are bothered by it since it doesn’t fit your phone. It’s brand new and you’re bothered already! It’s not for you. You wouldn’t have known this if you hadn’t seen it in store.

So, Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just return the heart bag and forget about the Ps mini. It was never really on your radar, for a reason. If you really desperately wanted it, you would’ve put your name on all the waiting lists right? Don’t let it overtake all of your thoughts just because it was available. Trust me, I am glad I returned that bag when I did!

If you are not happy, then just return it. No regret..
But fyi.. PS mini has lots of issues. Mine was repaired due to fraying on tab and having another issues which is cracked on canvas, so I need to return it. I use to miss the bag because the bag is so cute and I have to wait for long time to get it, but now I don’t. LV has so many beautiful bag which is not problematic.. I am so happy with my Clapton backpack now.. ;)

This is actually how I make decisions like these. And believe me I’m indecisive! I always think, “if I didn’t buy X and walked away, and someone else bought it, how would I feel?” Thinking like that helps me determine what is making my heart sing and ignore any other input. If I were you I’d return the bag and take a hiatus for awhile to do some research and figure out what you do like. The phone thing is major. My phone and my Brahmin wallet are my two bag dealbreakers.

I agree with others. I think you’re only thinking abt the ps because you know how rare it is to get and it was offered to you, and the fact then when you now called it’s gone makes you want it more. If you called and they said it’s still there, how would you feel? Probably like you made the right choice right? We’ve all been where you are but don’t let the FOMO make you want to get the ps. If you never thought abt it even though you saw it online, then that makes me think you never wanted it in the first place. Now because you had the chance and it’s gone is probably the reason why you want it. I don’t think it’s for you. The heart bag on the other hand is a gorgeous bag, and very stylish, however if the fact that your phone doesn’t fit and it bothers you then you should return the heart bag too. Otherwise you will regret that too. I think you should either keep the heart bag if you really like it, cause that’s the one you came in for, or else return it and find another bag that makes your heart sing. In regards to the ps it was never meant to be and it never caught your eye initially so just forget about it. Not every bag is for everyone. Just look at the Pochette Metis and you know. Everyone has one, but look at all the issues and recall etc... and still some of us do t have a Pochette Metis. Me for one doesn’t have one, despite the popular. It just doesn’t work for me, and even though it’s rare and had to get I never want to get one for many reasons. I was offered one once but turned it down and never regretted it once. Don’t let popular, rare, limited edition or instagram, etc... make you feel like you have to get a bag even though it doesn’t work for you because you will regret it. Get what makes your heart sings and what makes you happy. Buys what you like whether it’s popular or not, because all bags are special and unique in their own way and there is a bag out there for all of us. Hope that helps. Cheers and good luck with your decision. Bty I saw looks of pics of the heart bag and I think it’s grogeous and special and unique in its own right. What colour did you get? Any mod shots? Would love to see

The heart is very cute and you obviously liked it enough to go to the store seeking it out. I don't think the phone thing is too big a deal, can always just put it in your pocket or if no pocket carry a little shopping bag and put all the stuff that wouldn't fit in your purse in there. I have done this with small bags (for my big wallet) because I was shopping at a mall and wanted all my credit cards/gift cards/coupons with me. Just looked like I made a little purchase with my Bloomies Little Brown Bag and still got to wear my tiny impractical purse!

Reactions: averagejoe
Firstly I just want to say thank you to everyone for giving me their input, I feel a lot better speaking to other bag fanatics about these things!
Second I just want to say to fabuleux I don’t blame the staff at all for my bad decision I only blame myself for that and believe me I’m mad at myself but the fact of the matter is that in my experience on this occasion the call centre staff were rude, which is unfortunate.
That aside I still need to figure out what to do.
If I walked back into the store today and they has the ps mini I’d swap the heartbag so that tells me the heart bag isn’t right for me and I think this is due to the phone issue more than anything.
I have several beautiful small bags already that don’t get used for this very reason so as much as I LOVE the heart bag I know realistically the size is going to be an issue.
As much as it pains me to do it I’m going to return it, I also need to accept that if the call centre lady I spoke to is to be believed I’ll never get my hands on a ps mini and have blown my chance of ever owning one! This annoys me more than anything but I don’t know if that’s because I really want it now or because I can’t have it! Thank you all for your help!

The purpose of a purse is to carry things, if it can't fit your phone, this is a no-brainer unless you wear an Apple watch. I wear one and don't need phone unless I receive a long email and attachment and need to immediately read them.

Reactions: Soniaa and Loulouuk