Have I just argued with LV SA over nothing and made a fool of myself???

komal

O.G.
Aug 2, 2008
Cut a long story short...

I'm looking to buy a LV Monogram Macassar Messenger GM for my DH for his birthday and rang LV about it. I had seen pics and info about it whilst googling and the f/w pics on LV website. Well i called LV and the SA told me the bag didn't even exist and he never heard of it. I couldn't believe it, I was staring at it on my laptop screen whilst on the phone. He was adamant it was never produced. I just put the phone down after that... If he had told me that it was not available to buy then I would not have minded but to completely deny its existence was hilarious.

Now I am questioning my own mental stability... Does this bag really exist or have I have just imagined the whole thing. I know for a fact the guys are more knowledgeable than some LV SAs so please HELP ME track this bag down.

I am from the UK but any help would be appreciated to confirm its existence and availability.

Attachments

• Fall Winter 2010 Men's Bag 23.jpg
    Fall Winter 2010 Men's Bag 23.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Fall Winter 2010 Men's Bag 24.jpg
    Fall Winter 2010 Men's Bag 24.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 97
bagaholicboy reported in August that "Pieces from the Fall-Winter 2010 Mens Louis Vuitton collection are starting to trickle in, and while this particular one, the Louis Vuitton Monogram Macassar Messenger GM is not in yet, I did find out its retail price in Singapore. Once formally launched in the coming weeks, it will retail for SGD4100, a princely sum considering that fact that it is made up of mostly coated canvas with lashings of leather."

So this would have me believe it is part of the F/W 2010 Men's Line.

Thats where I saw info about the bag. It does exist!!! I am not going senile LOL!!

It does exist. However, not all stores will stock runway collections, so some SAs may not know about items. For example, I live in Singapore and usually only 2 out of 4 stores here will stock these collections.

The best way, if it's convenient for you, would be to head down to a large store (Maison, or Global level store) and show the photo to a senior SA or manager. :biggrin:

i've found that some lv SAs know surprisingly little about lv. especially the rarer pieces.
i had a SA try to tell me that i had a "vernis alma gm," when i most definitely had an mm. she was so convinced she was right, and even wrote down the name of the bag on the back of her business card for me. only thing is..lv right now does not sell a vernis alma in gm........................

You never said where you are from OP...but I called the LV Hotline here in the USA about the all leather version of this bag and she looked it up and said only two were made for the USA and it was $4100...BAHAHAHAHAHA... so I inquired about your Macassar version and she said there were a few in the USA and it was $2800 - too much for a canvas bag in my opinion.

Update: I found the bag in the New Bond St store in London :smile: The bag was £1570 so a bit cheaper than the $2800 in US. The SA at the store was so nice and really apologetic about what had happened and he said that some staff were not up to date about what was in the collections. Also got a chance to see the LV Diwali exhibition in store. To all folks if you have one near you its a must see!

@xileg: Thanks for the advice you were right about going to a bigger store :smile:

@lovebeibei: haha I know how you feel. Its really frustrating isn't it. That SA sure was delusional. lol!! LV needs to make sure the SAs know what they are talking about.

@MyCocoCabas: Thanks so much sweetie for going to the trouble to finding out about the bag. Nice to hear US SAs have some knowledge. It sounds a lot for a canvas bag but when I think about the use my DH and even I can get out of the bag it is worth it. The bag is perfect for traveling and other stuff. Its a way of showing my appreciation for my DH for all he has to put up with :smile: