Have I done The right thing? NPB. Mutual Withrawal

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Hi there.
I had a thread a few days back about a Chloe bag I sold on ebay and the buyer was questioning authenticity. If you didnt read it then I will quickly summarise.
She then said must be a fake then but I will pay anyway. I said I do not want to sell to you I will do necessary to get my fees back.
A week has passed and she has not communicated or paid. The second bidder wants the bag but ebay said I should withdraw from the sale before selling.
I opened an ebay dispute today for mutual withdrawal and I am still waiting for her response. What happens if she ignores it? Can I then do a NPB dispute? Or will it just close? I have never been in this situation before. It was me who didnt want to proceed but I didnt want to sell to her and then have her accusing me of selling a fake. I paid a lot of money for the bag in Harvey Nichols and sold it at a really good price. HELP!!

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
I think if you run into a nutty buyer, the best you can do is damage control. She seemed to be setting you up for a SNAD and who knows, a switch so you may have been out a bag and have to refund. Not worth the worry. Hopefully you can sell to a great buyer who will appreciate the bag and deal she will get. And do that with out any neg feedback from the nutty one, but a neg is less damage than possibly loosing both bag and money. And with the new feedback coming, I expect to see much more negatives as a norm coming up.

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
I'd probably worry less about getting the fees back and concentrate on getting it mutually withdrawn, re-list or 2nd chance offer it and bloc block block her!! I hope that you get it squared away asap.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I'd probably worry less about getting the fees back and concentrate on getting it mutually withdrawn, re-list or 2nd chance offer it and bloc block block her!! I hope that you get it squared away asap.
yes I want to sell to the second bidder but ebay say I cant until I withdraw from the sale and she still hasnt agreed to withdraw nor has she paid. And I have blocked her. That was my priority

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Update: I got this message from the ' buyer '
hi i think i thick the wrong one...let me know what i should do...suppost to put on agree to cancel but i didnt read it properly before...
And now the dispute says closed as the buyer still wants to buy the item. But she doesnt. What am I supposed to do now? I am so fed up of this!

Purple Text

Apr 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Can you send the mutual withdrawal again? It sounds like she meant to agree to the withdrawal, but didn't understand what to hit, and accidentally said she was not agreeing instead.