Have I been good or what!

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
Hi all,

I have to share this with someone that actually understands what I have done - I passed by purse sale AND I didn't buy a single one......

(ok, some may think I wasn't good but i was stupid!) - I mean really great prices on some Hogans and Mulberrys and YSL (30% on already reduced price) - BUT three things that kept me from buying:
Thankfully my baby started to cry, so reality kicked in (I AM NOT with the disposable income I used to have....), my husband would NOT appreciate the expense (fair enough) and none of these bags were my dream bags if you know what I mean - they would have been a chance for a nice buy but I still would want: Loewe Amazona and Celine Boogie (one of the limited edition ones).

Anyway, as no one around me appreciates the fact that I did that, I felt I needed some support.....:yes:. Question is just: will I be kicking myself when sales are over :yucky:, or worse, will I pass by next time :s?

I feel your pain and I bow to your steely resilience and determination! :cutesy: Seriously, it is amazing how those small people change things, and quite right too! Just a word to the wise though, when those small people start to get alarmingly close in size to you, the bag passion returns with a vengeance and all that sacrificing benevolence is newly threatened . . . !

I think you did good. Take them one sale at a time. Put the announced "Sales" on your frig, and give yourself a gold star for each you pass on.

When (if?) you get 5 stars, pat yourself on the back. Then come tell us how you did it. :smile:

Congrats! I know how hard it is to pass up a sale, any sale! Looking at the Deal and Steals forum everyday and not purchasing is an accomplishment IMO! You deserve a pat on the back. Never buy anything on sale unless it's already on your list!

I've also been tempted to buy something just because it was on sale, but when I've done this, I've always been disappointed because usually I wouldn't have bought the item otherwise. Because it was on sale, it compromised on what I really wanted, and that's not good. Better to wait and pay full price, or maybe even catch on sale, something you really love and maybe even covet. You'll be much happier in the end.