Have anyone tried to stiffen up their marmont bags?

Lovesica

Jun 7, 2020
I bought a gucci mini marmont bag a few months ago at a boutique. Initially the bag had a small scratch and I brought it back and returned it. The sales associate was really rude to me, and even told me that natural leather are not perfect. So she ended up exchanging the bag that looks a bit worn/ crease lines. Ive seen a new mormont bag before and it’s more shiney and stiff looking in comparison to mine. I decided to not argue for a 2nd return so I kept it. But thinking back about the situation got me really upset. (sorry for the rant)

I heard leather conditions such as cadillac leather boot and shoe cleaner/ conditioner works really well in conditioning , removing faint scratches or restoring the crease look. Have anyone tried it? Or tried any other products that worked on their gucci leather products? The other question is the bag is not as stiff even though I used it like a handful of times and stuffed it in the packaging it came with. I also read / watched yt videos where people steamed / ironed / used ice water after to fix structures of the bag. Was wondering if anyone tried to restore their marmont bags like that before or any tips ? Thank you ! Sorry for the long post.

I personally would not try ice water or other measures from YT. Perhaps a structured bag organizer would help it keep its shape? I was thinking of purchasing a marmot myself, (I’m a fan of the shoes and accessories) but I decided that it didn’t have enough structure for me. It’s also possible that the weight of the leather itself may cause it to slouch. While leather is natural and scratches are not necessarily defects, it’s too bad re the rude service.

Reactions: averagejoe
I bought a gucci mini marmont bag a few months ago at a boutique. Initially the bag had a small scratch and I brought it back and returned it. The sales associate was really rude to me, and even told me that natural leather are not perfect. So she ended up exchanging the bag that looks a bit worn/ crease lines. Ive seen a new mormont bag before and it’s more shiney and stiff looking in comparison to mine. I decided to not argue for a 2nd return so I kept it. But thinking back about the situation got me really upset. (sorry for the rant)

I heard leather conditions such as cadillac leather boot and shoe cleaner/ conditioner works really well in conditioning , removing faint scratches or restoring the crease look. Have anyone tried it? Or tried any other products that worked on their gucci leather products? The other question is the bag is not as stiff even though I used it like a handful of times and stuffed it in the packaging it came with. I also read / watched yt videos where people steamed / ironed / used ice water after to fix structures of the bag. Was wondering if anyone tried to restore their marmont bags like that before or any tips ? Thank you ! Sorry for the long post.
With use, the creases from the boutique may decrease in depth over time, as long as the leather isn't continuously creased in the same areas. New creases may be introduced with wear, though. The leather is puffy and soft so with wear, new creases are inevitable.

You can also store it at home in an open space for a few days without the dustbag (that is not exposed to sunlight or humidity) on a flat surface, stuffed with the original tissue paper (you can manipulate the paper so that it pushes the creases outwards a bit more to reduce their appearance). This can give the leather a chance to aerate.