Have any of you ever been too shy/embarrased to carry your LV bag?

Mar 16, 2008
Hey all,

Although some of you might find what I asked to be a silly question, it seems like there are people out there that buy, but struggle to wear their bags. How I look at it, they just don't want to wear it in front of people to avoid being judged, or they don't know others to feel bad, etc.

What do you think about this? Do you ever go through the same problem, or know of anyone that has? Does it make you question why they bought it in the first place?

Finally, what can you say to someone who had bought the bag, to just go out there and wear it?

Thanks! =)

Hey all,

Although some of you might find what I asked to be a silly question, it seems like there are people out there that buy, but struggle to wear their bags. How I look at it, they just don't want to wear it in front of people to avoid being judged, or they don't know others to feel bad, etc.

What do you think about this? Do you ever go through the same problem, or know of anyone that has? Does it make you question why they bought it in the first place?

Finally, what can you say to someone who had bought the bag, to just go out there and wear it?

Thanks! =)

Yup, *hand raised*, I've been there. I'm still there at times, because I find myself around very nosy people who stare and ask questions. When people stare at my items, it makes me feel uncomfortable. It's not that they don't have the money, it's that many people find it very wasteful to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on a bag. AND, they act as if you don't have your priorities together if YOU do. Most of my bags are damier, so they are discreet. However, I still haven't brought myself to wear my vernis alma around anyone that I know :blush:

heck to the no!
I just bought an LV bag today, and was wearing it(the LV shopping bag) with pride, and well as my pochette.
At the end of the day it's just a bag, I'm not putting too much thought into being judged. People will talk about and judge you til the day you die, not a thing you can do about it, except give em something to talk about ;) Case being, LV or whatever

I would have to say no on this one. What I spend on my bags is my business, and if my bills are paid and my priorities are in line, what is the difference? A few of my friends are constantly telling me that I have a "problem" and that spending hundreds and even thousands on a single bag is the most ridiculous thing I could possibly do. For quite some time, I believed them. I thought I definitely had an issue with shopping, that my priorities were out of whack, I was materialistic, etc etc. Then finally one day I realized that I'm not materialistic, this is just the thing that happens to make ME PERSONALLY happy. That's it - nothing more, nothing less. Everyone has something they are interested in or something they collect - designer bags and shoes just happen to be my thing. ;)

So what I am getting at here is no. No, I never am shy or embarrassed to carry my LV. I don't care what other people think, and if they want to judge me, that is their problem. I worked way too hard to have what I have, and if others can stop me from enjoying it, well, what's the point of having it in the first place?

heck to the no!
I just bought an LV bag today, and was wearing it(the LV shopping bag) with pride, and well as my pochette.
At the end of the day it's just a bag, I'm not putting too much thought into being judged. People will talk about and judge you til the day you die, not a thing you can do about it, except give em something to talk about ;) Case being, LV or whatever

Um, hello?? A reveal???? :graucho:

Yup. I was shy at first to wear in front of my friends, cause i know they don't own one and don't want them to think i was showing off or whatsoever. So i ended up leaving it in my car. hehehe :P

I don't really care about what other people may think of me and i think most of them can tell...lol...so, i wear my bags or jewels and drive my Mercedes GL with pride...If we can afford it, why not? To each its own...whatever you do or don't do someone will always have something negative to say...so, my motto is just to do me....if it makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone in the process, i freely indulge myself...lol:biggrin:

heck to the no!

SHOW US!!!!!! :nuts:

heck to the no!
Well said.

I have felt a bit shy, but I just got my first LV recently and I think I am still getting used to it! I have a few other "nice" bags, but they are much more subdued, not as easily recognizable as being big-ticket items.

It is mostly my parents who bring out my shyness. They didn't throw crazy-expensive cars, clothes, and bags at me as a teenager (even though they had the money). I am glad they didn't because I feel like I am much more down to earth than people who grow up feeling "entitled" to "the finer things in life," haha, but I do feel a bit awkward making luxurious purchases sometimes... even if it is within my budget to do so!

I am sure I will get over it. I am really being kind of silly because they like to buy nice stuff too and I am sure they would just be happy for me!

As far as strangers, no, I don't care whatsoever!

Actually, I have felt slightly embarrassed or over indulged lately. My bestest friend in the whole world recently lost her job and regularly struggles to make ends meet for her family. So, it's kinda hard for me talk about spending so much money on a bag or wearing it in front of her. I sometimes feel like I'm "rubbing it in her face", although she's never commented or made me feel uneasy about it. It's always been self created. It seems that I feel more comfortable in front of strangers or those that are financially stable at the moment. But, I try to move past it....if I bought it...I'm gonna use it!

I don't really care about what other people may think of me and i think most of them can tell...lol...so, i wear my bags or jewels and drive my Mercedes GL with pride...If we can afford it, why not? To each its own...whatever you do or don't do someone will always have something negative to say...so, my motto is just to do me....if it makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone in the process, i freely indulge myself...lol:biggrin:

^^I totally agree! :yahoo:

Yes. When I go to church my firends there typically do not spend money on things like handbags. It makes me shy to carry mine because I feel like they are judging me. There for I just don't carry my mono-I tend to carry damier so that less people know what I am carrying.