Have a very bad feeling about this Bonanza transaction

Shoppinmel

Handbag Enthusiast!
O.G.
May 11, 2010
I purchased a Neverfull on Bonanza two days ago that was listed in Like New Condition and came with it's receipt, box, dust bag, everything. It was quite a good deal so I didn't take the time to authenticate, just bought it and paid with a cc through Paypal to be safe. Seller said she would ship it out the following day. Yesterday I was browsing completed listings on Ebay and found a listing with all the same photos from the Bonanza listing I'd bought. I contacted the Ebay seller and she said that her buyer was in a completely different part of the country than my seller. I sent my seller a message that I had found the Ebay listing and if she intended to send me a fake or anything other that what was described in the listing I would not hesitate to file a Paypal claim and if necessary a chargeback on my cc. She said that she had taken the pictures from the Ebay listing but that I was getting an authentic bag and she told me if I was not completely satisfied with my bag I could return it for a full refund and return shipping. She gave me the tracking number and implored me to wait until Monday to contact Paypal. As of this morning the tracking number is still not showing up in the USPS system. Should I contact Paypal?

Were your communications with the seller through Bonz messaging?

Although the seller admitted to stealing pictures from an ebay seller, that's not allowed and since the pictures aren't the actual item you'll receive, it's impossible to authenticate it before you receive it.

Has the seller already shipped? If not, I'd let the seller know you want a full refund and she shouldn't ship. A seller who's sneaky enough to steal pictures probably wouldn't hesitate to sell a fake either.

You might also send a message to bonz at [email protected] to give them a heads up on the seller. (Does the seller have other listings? They, too may use stolen pictures.)

Would you please PM me a link to the listing?

Responding to LVloveaffair:

I did call Paypal and they didn't say I could cancel it though it does say in the payment details it's still in process. They said it was up to me if I wanted to file. It would be 10 days after I file before I get my money back so I don't really want to wait until Monday if I don't have a valid tracking number. I sent her a message and told her that I would file later today if she can't get me a valid tracking number with Monday delivery.

Just called Paypal again and she says the payment is complete. It's probably just showing in Process because she hasn't loaded a tracking number.

Last edited:
Were your communications with the seller through Bonz messaging?

Although the seller admitted to stealing pictures from an ebay seller, that's not allowed and since the pictures aren't the actual item you'll receive, it's impossible to authenticate it before you receive it.

Has the seller already shipped? If not, I'd let the seller know you want a full refund and she shouldn't ship. A seller who's sneaky enough to steal pictures probably wouldn't hesitate to sell a fake either.

You might also send a message to bonz at [email protected] to give them a heads up on the seller. (Does the seller have other listings? They, too may use stolen pictures.)

Would you please PM me a link to the listing?

All communications have been through Bonz and she did admit to taking the pics. I want to believe her but how can I when she'd steal someone else's pics as her own and now give me an invalid tracking number? She did have another listing up, a Speedy and I noticed she took it down. I don't think it sold as I can't find under sold listings. Seller SAYS she shipped but tracking isn't valid so who knows. I think the Ebay seller reported her for her photo theft but I will as well. So far I've sent three messages to her today and zero response. I mean she could be busy since it is Saturday and she could have more of a life than me. :P Is the right thing to do to wait the 10 days and not file with my cc? That could take just as long right? I'd be super pissed if I incur any fees due to this sitting on my card 10 days. I'll gladly pm you the link.

One time I bought a pair of Louboutins on eBay, and a day later went through completed listings and saw the same pictures in another listing from a high volume seller, who the pictures clearly belonged to. I panicked and contacted the seller right away, who told me the shoes were exactly the same and would arrive in a couple days so to just wait. I felt really uneasy, but because I was protected I just waited to get the them. When I did, they were perfect and authentic.

Point being, I know some sellers who do take other peoples photos are scamming and don't really have the item, but more often than not I think it's sheer laziness. I see it all the time with low feedback sellers taking my photos and throwing them in with their own, or using them for their entire listing. It's annoying, but some people just don't get that it really is unacceptable, and take time to learn. If it's a really great deal, and you know you're protected, I would wait it out. There's a good chance your seller is lazy just like mine was.

Like shop955 mentioned it might end up great but I bought a bag last year and the bag I received was not the bag in the listing -turns out the pics were stolen - I found the listing as it was still active -contacted that seller to let her know her pics were used in another listing -and had to file a claim to get my money back. I left feedback for my buyer saying they used stolen pics (seriously the bag was in horrid shape). The seller even replied to my feedback stating her bag as lovely. Dishonest to say the least. It ended we'll......I bought the bag from the other seller that "owned" the pics!

Like shop955 mentioned it might end up great but I bought a bag last year and the bag I received was not the bag in the listing -turns out the pics were stolen - I found the listing as it was still active -contacted that seller to let her know her pics were used in another listing -and had to file a claim to get my money back. I left feedback for my buyer saying they used stolen pics (seriously the bag was in horrid shape). The seller even replied to my feedback stating her bag as lovely. Dishonest to say the least. It ended we'll......I bought the bag from the other seller that "owned" the pics!
In my case, the shoes I bought were not available elsewhere, so I was willing to see out the transaction. If you could find the bag from someone else in your price range, and don't want to waste anymore time, I'd say cancel. It really could go either way, so its up to you if it's worth tying up the money in the event the seller's messing around.

I have finally heard from my seller today. Here is what she wrote:

First message: Hello I am not sitting around the computer all day hence I cannot reply to your message as you message me. That is the tracking I got I am sure but I will double check it again, I have had instances in the past where I get tracking information from USPS and no tracking information shows up until the day the item is delivered and in some cases a day or two after delivery, and their explanation is “technically it is not a tracking number its a delivery confirmation number”. The lady at the USPS store did say it will take sometime for it to be updated But she assured me if will be delivered by end of day Monday, honestly there is nothing else I can do now, the bag was already sent. I am asking you to please wait until end of day Monday about 4/5 pm your time, I am sure it will be delivered by then. Again I say once you get it Monday you do what you have to do in order to have it verified.

Second message: If I was trying to scam you or cheat you out of your money I would be long gone by now, all I am asking is a little patience please. Monday is two days away. just give it until Monday and if you are not satisfied by Then, you are free to do what you feel is necessary.

I basically told her that if the shoe was on the other foot she'd be pretty nervous too dealing with a seller who had sold her a bag using stolen pictures and then giving her an invalid tracking number. In a nutshell I said that I would wait until Monday evening to see if it arrives. I will get it authenticated here and by Carol Diva. I might also have it authenticated by Authenticate4u for piece of mind.

Another message: Yes the tracking I gave you is the tracking I got from USPS. I understand what you are facing, I would be on edge right now, so I can understand BUT I assure you it was sent. and you will have it by Monday, so please give it until Monday all I am asking please you will have exactly what you paid for. Thank you for waiting and thank you for your patience.

I would wait until Monday. The bag could be legit. And if it isn't you will probably have to file a SNAD to get your money back. I think it's better not to open an INR only to have to change it to SNAD if the bag is inauthentic.

I would wait until Monday. The bag could be legit. And if it isn't you will probably have to file a SNAD to get your money back. I think it's better not to open an INR only to have to change it to SNAD if the bag is inauthentic.

Yeah I agree. I just went to the post office as I had some packages to mail. I asked him to look into the tracking number and he came up with nothing. I'm not too hopeful that's it's going to magically show up Monday but I'm going to try to enjoy the pool with my family this afternoon and a great Dodger game tomorrow and put this out of my mind.