Havana leather?

Compass, I am loving the Hot & Spicy!! How is the strap? Is it slippery? I love pebbled leathers and haven't fallen for a Tano in a while. Are the side pockets functional? Can you post a mod pic???

Thanks in advance!

Kings....the leather has a bit of a sheen to it. It's not matt at all. The pebbles in the texture are subtle. The strap is really substantial and fits really nice on the shoulder. I have no doubt that it will soften in time because it is a bit stiff, but it isn't a detriment to wearing the bag. I just now discovered that the side pockets (on each side of the bag) are truly functional because if you close them, they change the shape of the bag to more square-ish than tapered, but you can also put your keys in there or your phone. Probably nothing else. This is the best shot my crappy camera can do......I'm 5'4" and weigh a proud 135 pounds, if you are considering the relative size of the bag.

Attachments

• Misc 006.jpg
    Misc 006.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 108
I was using a nice older Cole Haan black leather hobo for my "workhorse" bag, i.e., rainy weather, stuffing the insides with small purchases, whatever. I think this bag will take the place of that bag. It just seems as though it can stand up to about anything without any worries of wear and tear. It seems just that substantial.

^^

That is very good to know. I've a couple of Cole Haan bags and their leather is fabulous. I am leaning towards the Hot N Spicy in honey, but I am intrigued by the peony and island colours.