Havana leather?

green jewel

Mar 5, 2010
Hi,

I haven't bought a Tano in awhile, but have been thinking about getting something in the Havana leather. I wanted to ask those who own a bag in the havana leather how durable the leather is and how happy are you with the leather? Now that I have kids, I need something durable, doesn't stain easily, and that still looks good after awhile without much "babying" (or any actually, hehe). Any suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated! TIA

I dont own one but have almost bought one. My problem is the one I want is Honey in Havana and all anyone has left is black. I have put myself on a black ban since I have a million black purses. (Gunmetal doesnt count) They look really nice and I hear the leather is gorgeous.

I briefly had a havana leather bag here and I liked it. I just didn't care for the strap on the style I bought...that was disappointing for me so back it went. IIRC, the havana is chewy and pebbly...not like the lightweight, smooth lux. There were several other posts for havana leather items...maybe some of them can chime in with answers on wear and such.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. Hmm- still debating... Hopefully
not all the bags I have my eye on will be sold out by the time I decide!
Will definitely post pics if I decide on purchasing one.

I have a honey Pucker up...I posted a reveal on it I am sure...

Honestly I love the leather...but I have SOOOO many bags I only carried it maybe a week or two...but it seemed to be a hardy leather...

What are you considering?

The Havana leather is beautiful, but I don't think I probably get the full magnitude of it with the small wallet. I don't use it a lot, preferring my older Kipling wallets to carry. And I'm not sure if a bag in that leather would be too heavy for me. Plus I have issues with slippy straps :P
My "thing" lately is to find older Tano bags. I snagged a Self Portrait in chocolate plush leather, and a Quintessential Cat in chamois leather; one large, one small, love both! Will have to do a reveal some time or another.

Joan

Hi, Ladies! The other day I ordered the Hot N' Spicy in the grenadine color and it should make it's way to my doorstep some time next week. I loved the beautiful red color and the Havana leather definitely intrigued me, so we shall see. It's good to know that this leather has gotten many good raves from what I have seen so far. I wonder who else has a Hot N' Spicy bag in this leather. I know that this forum format is somewhat messed up this morning....otherwise I'd search! My last few Tanos were purchased years ago and after a long hiatus, I thought it would be nice to revisit!

Well, the Hot N' Spicy came today, and I am very pleased with it. The grenadine color on the MHB website shows it to have a touch of orange in it, but it is really a darker true red color to me. I love it because I needed another red bag. The style was described as a medium hobo, but to me it is on the larger size. That's okay, too. It is not overpowering. The leather is really nice and substantial and "chewy" would just about exactly describe it. The best part is that it has a metal zipper closure. I do not like plastic zippers, so this is a great bag! The color is more like the second picture which was taken with a flash.

Attachments

• Tano Hot N  S picy 1.jpg
    Tano Hot N S picy 1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 418
  • Tano Hot N Spicy 2.jpg
    Tano Hot N Spicy 2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 392
Compass, I am loving the Hot & Spicy!! How is the strap? Is it slippery? I love pebbled leathers and haven't fallen for a Tano in a while. Are the side pockets functional? Can you post a mod pic???

Thanks in advance!