Haut a Courroie - What do you think about?

Janss

O.G.
Dec 27, 2006
Hi Hermes-Lovers,
what do you think about the "Birkin" 28, which isn't a real Birkin because it's called "Haut a Courroie"? I like the size because it's perfect for the evening. What do you think? Is it a "real" Birkin or only a "Haut a Courroie"?

The Haut a Courroie is the basis on which the Birkin was designed, it is therefore not a lesser Birkin. It is the oldest bag in the Hermes repertoire (before 1900, I forget the exact year) and was originally designed to carry riding boots.
Without the HAC there wouldn't be a Birkin.
I think it's a wonderful bag (as you can tell I am a big fan), and both the 28 and 32 sizes are wonderful to go from day to evening.

Pfff...:sweatdrop: ...Girls, I'm glad to read this...! Because I've bought a HAC 28 (I think for a bit to much money, but I MUST HAVE IT...!!!) and a friend of mine told my it's not a Birkin but only a HAC...;) Maybe she's enviously...

i want one as well, but the 32 cm HAC... I like it, it seems that it can hold much than the 35 cm birkin.... maybe I am wrong though.. but it is definitely on my wish-list..

:love: cute... isn't it? It's a HAC 28 Black Box PHW... :drool: So, girls: Beware of the dog...;)

Attachments

• PICT0066b.JPG
    PICT0066b.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • PICT0072.JPG
    PICT0072.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,148
Oh my god Janss - she's stunning. Sigh.... major bag envy going on over here (and that hardly EVER happens)... Where in Germany did you get her? Was she just sitting on the shelf all by herself??
Congratulations! Please model her for us!
Und der Hund ist auch sehr suess!

... very alone... the loneliest... sitting on the shelf whispering "Take me with you..." :sad: She's from Switzerland and the price was too high, I'm sure... but - wherever... I'm addicted to this cutie and forgot myself... (ok, it's german english, but you know what I mean... Wieso sprichst Du Deutsch?)

... very alone... the loneliest... sitting on the shelf whispering "Take me with you..." :sad: She's from Switzerland and the price was too high, I'm sure... but - wherever... I'm addicted to this cutie and forgot myself... (ok, it's german english, but you know what I mean... Wieso sprichst Du Deutsch?)

Ich bin Deutsche!!! Rheinlaenderin! Aber in der Fremde :crybaby: :yahoo: (wo es mir sehr gut gefaellt, allerdings muss ich fuer Hermes ueber die Grenze, hier gibt es kein Geschaeft).

As far as I know HACs are a bit more expensive than Birkins in a comparable size. Your bag is TO DIE FOR and worth every penny. Wear her in great health!