Hats and fascinators and chapeaux, oh my!

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
I didn't find a current thread to show off all our fabulous headgear. Whether off to a baseball game or the Royal wedding (or perhaps somewhere in between), this is the place to show off all your treasures! And as fall approaches, I'm sure there are some hand knit treasures out there too.

A few summer hats. I have fair skin and get a fair amount of Base Cell carcinoma so I wear lots of summer hats! (I have an SPF50 parasol as well!)
IMG_0873.jpg

I had forgotten all about the grey hat - originally purchased for Preakness. (It was underwhelming for the event but I was hosting a corporate suite and my dress was boring too. I didn't leave enough time for shopping!) I don't even know where the white hat came from! It was packed away with the grey hat in the only hat box I own. I need to have them cleaned - they're a bit musty. The black felt and orange strip are both purchases while on vacation at Cape May, NJ but different years. One year it was cool (both trips in October) and I bought the black hat. The next year it was unseasonably warm/sunny and I bought the SPF50 orange strip. IMG_0874.jpg

Here's just a few of my hand knit hats (I live in Vermont so lots of knit hats!). The red and lavender are both local yarns - one wool and one alpaca. The pink is a hand-dyed cashmere from Cape Cod.
IMG_0875.jpg
I have a handful of baseball caps I wear mostly when doing yard work but nothing worth reporting.

Well, that's the bulk of my small hat collection. Mostly functional. I ogle the more delicate hats at Saks but I just don't have much occasion to wear them up here.

Let's see what you've got! Mod shots are even better!

I didn't find a current thread to show off all our fabulous headgear. Whether off to a baseball game or the Royal wedding (or perhaps somewhere in between), this is the place to show off all your treasures! And as fall approaches, I'm sure there are some hand knit treasures out there too.

A few summer hats. I have fair skin and get a fair amount of Base Cell carcinoma so I wear lots of summer hats! (I have an SPF50 parasol as well!)
View attachment 4193361

I had forgotten all about the grey hat - originally purchased for Preakness. (It was underwhelming for the event but I was hosting a corporate suite and my dress was boring too. I didn't leave enough time for shopping!) I don't even know where the white hat came from! It was packed away with the grey hat in the only hat box I own. I need to have them cleaned - they're a bit musty. The black felt and orange strip are both purchases while on vacation at Cape May, NJ but different years. One year it was cool (both trips in October) and I bought the black hat. The next year it was unseasonably warm/sunny and I bought the SPF50 orange strip. View attachment 4193362

Here's just a few of my hand knit hats (I live in Vermont so lots of knit hats!). The red and lavender are both local yarns - one wool and one alpaca. The pink is a hand-dyed cashmere from Cape Cod.
View attachment 4193364
I have a handful of baseball caps I wear mostly when doing yard work but nothing worth reporting.

Well, that's the bulk of my small hat collection. Mostly functional. I ogle the more delicate hats at Saks but I just don't have much occasion to wear them up here.

Thanks for stating this thread. I love hats and of course my mom and my daughters say I look good in all hats.:P But I usually don't have any occasions to wear hats. Still, I always have to try them at stores because I love them, and I love the idea of them.

View attachment 4193361

I had forgotten all about the grey hat - originally purchased for Preakness. (It was underwhelming for the event but I was hosting a corporate suite and my dress was boring too. I didn't leave enough time for shopping!) I don't even know where the white hat came from! It was packed away with the grey hat in the only hat box I own. I need to have them cleaned - they're a bit musty. The black felt and orange strip are both purchases while on vacation at Cape May, NJ but different years. One year it was cool (both trips in October) and I bought the black hat. The next year it was unseasonably warm/sunny and I bought the SPF50 orange strip. View attachment 4193362

View attachment 4193364

Fabulous hats MooMoo[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7], and thanks for starting the thread and get us going[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106].

P.s. my favorite is the one with the sweet bow and rosettes[emoji7][emoji7].

Thanks for stating this thread. I love hats and of course my mom and my daughters say I look good in all hats.:P But I usually don't have any occasions to wear hats. Still, I always have to try them at stores because I love them, and I love the idea of them.

I bet you do look great in hats!!!! I feel some mod shots magically appearing[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106].

View attachment 4194073

This was taken a couple of years ago (please ignore my recyclables in the background—DH and I dropped off our recycling before heading to dinner. Though it’d be a lot funnier if I confessed to dressing up to drop off recycling[emoji16][emoji23].)

View attachment 4194074

Gosh GL, you are so pretty (I know I have said it before but it is worth repeating). These are beautiful. And you must have been the fanciest person there at the Recycling Drop Off. I am intrigued by your scarf in the second pic.

Gosh GL, you are so pretty (I know I have said it before but it is worth repeating). These are beautiful. And you must have been the fanciest person there at the Recycling Drop Off. I am intrigued by your scarf in the second pic.

Minda, you are already my TPF BFF (as I’m sure you’re also BFF with at least 100 ladies on here)[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]. I’m sure you never met a stranger in your life as your generous and sweet nature can turn the biggest sourpuss into a sugarplum in under 30 seconds[emoji106][emoji106]. Thank you always for your sweet compliments[emoji173]️[emoji173]️.

When I lived in Vegas, my high rise did not offer recycling, so DH and I would drive the recycling to a public drop off (sponsored by UNLV) on our way to somewhere else.

I try to bust out a hat or some kind of headgear at least once every couple of weeks—they really top off (see what I did there, lol) an outfit (I just don’t remember to take selfies most of the time).

Great eye—that’s one of my favorite scarves (another thing I collect, lol)—it’s a Galliano. I would take a better pic for you, but it’s still in a packed moving box (and I’ve no idea which one as the packers’ labeling was something like “bedroom,” “office,” etc. I also need to find my jackets for the upcoming winter[emoji16][emoji38].

Minda, you are already my TPF BFF (as I’m sure you’re also BFF with at least 100 ladies on here)[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]. I’m sure you never met a stranger in your life as your generous and sweet nature can turn the biggest sourpuss into a sugarplum in under 30 seconds[emoji106][emoji106]. Thank you always for your sweet compliments[emoji173]️[emoji173]️.

When I lived in Vegas, my high rise did not offer recycling, so DH and I would drive the recycling to a public drop off (sponsored by UNLV) on our way to somewhere else.

I try to bust out a hat or some kind of headgear at least once every couple of weeks—they really top off (see what I did there, lol) an outfit (I just don’t remember to take selfies most of the time).

Great eye—that’s one of my favorite scarves (another thing I collect, lol)—it’s a Galliano. I would take a better pic for you, but it’s still in a packed moving box (and I’ve no idea which one as the packers’ labeling was something like “bedroom,” “office,” etc. I also need to find my jackets for the upcoming winter[emoji16][emoji38].

Right back at you, GL — you are the generous and sweet one :smile:. Hey, if we are BFFs, we should get friendship bracelets (from LV perhaps? :smile:). When you find your scarf. I would love to see a better pic.

Right back at you, GL — you are the generous and sweet one :smile:. Hey, if we are BFFs, we should get friendship bracelets (from LV perhaps? :smile:). When you find your scarf. I would love to see a better pic.

I’ll take a pic when I re-discover it, lol.

LV is my favorite luxe brand, mostly because the bags are lite weight (the ones I buy anyways) and very durable.

Sure I’ll get an LV friendship bracelet with you—which one do you suggest? The one you recently purchased or are you hankering for a new one (whispers the Master Enabler [emoji16][emoji6]).

I’ll take a pic when I re-discover it, lol.

LV is my favorite luxe brand, mostly because the bags are lite weight (the ones I buy anyways) and very durable.

Sure I’ll get an LV friendship bracelet with you—which one do you suggest? The one you recently purchased or are you hankering for a new one (whispers the Master Enabler [emoji16][emoji6]).

Lol, you are the Master Enabler indeed. The one I got recently is fine. Or my next one, lol (JK). Seriously I can only get ones with an easy clasp (so not dexterous here).