Hatred of the Out Laws - do you have one?!?

The KK

Nov 23, 2006
Am I the only person in this world who dispises their out laws? :yucky: Can anyone relate to me? My husband's is from a low class family and I am from a upper middle class. I think they are very jelous of the lifestyle I have and of course to make them feel better, they treat me like trash. Poking fun at people is their past time but rather what they say is what they see in the mirror. One of his sister makes fun of everyone that was larger size and guess who has the last laugh now? She now turned into a fat cow.

His mother is a classless petty B??ch. After 20 years, she is trying to be nice to me now that the old man has past away. Isn't that too late now. My best revenge is not to allow this old hag to see her son's children, I am the mother of these children after all. Revenge is sweet.

Too bad that the only decent person in his family was his late father. He has a sister that lives over sea and thinks she's queen sh?t when she comes and that everyone must shower them with gifts but she buys us cr?p, applying credit at high end stores and leaving the bills for my husband to pay. His brother is a loser as well. Hope you know who you are and reading it.

Any stories to share with me so I don't feel so miserable?:s

I don't think it's normal to have that much hate for someone's family. You might want to consider family therapy. It sounds like you have a bunch of unhealth things going on there.

Unfortunately jelousy is an evil thing. After 20 years of taking this cr?p, I finally blew up at him for never standing up to me. If you had this kind of out laws, I'm sure you can relate to me.

Unfortunately jelousy is an evil thing. After 20 years of taking this cr?p, I finally blew up at him for never standing up to me. If you had this kind of out laws, I'm sure you can relate to me.

Yeah, it's probably that you have held it in too long! I hope that things work out for you!

I understand you. I detest, despise, loathe my mother-in-law. She is a nasty, evil woman. I am not alone in my feelings towards her. Her own children avoid her. Her own siblings tell stories about their childhood with her. One story is that when they were little, her brother and sister were playing in the yard with neighbor kids. As soon as my MIL came outside, the other kids went home. When Matt and I became engaged, I had so many people who know her ask me how I was going to deal with her. She is a very bitter woman and it seems no one can stand to be around her. The rest of my hubby's family is great!

And if anybody suggests counseling, then everyone who knows the woman has to go for counseling!

Did you by any chance call into a radio station with this concern? The radio show I was listening to had a lady call in cause she had problems with spending Christmas with her in laws... :angel:

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from, but IMO you should be the better person and not stoop down to her level. A girlfriend was telling me about her MIL from hell and I could not believe that such a person existed :shocked: I hope things work out for you!

Wow, there's a lot going on here. I'm not in your situation so I'm sorry things are this way for you. But IMO you are using your children as a bargaining chip against your mother in law, and that's not fair to them. I don't really see that as revenge, that's just sad.

uh, i think a healthy dose of forgive and forget might be in order...i bet the way you act towards them is making things worse.

:yes:

i don't see eye to eye with my inlaws (and have some of the same issues), but the fact is, they are still my husband's family. they made him the man i love without reservation. sometimes i have to repeat this to myself over and over and over to get through a family function, but that doesn't make it any less true. it's also not fair to your children to use them to "get back" at your inlaws. it's more unfair and damaging to your kids than it will EVER be to your inlaws. please take my word for this....

i sense a lot of anger in this post. have you thought about talking to someone about it?

My mantra is a Happy Medium. If it can't be met then buh bye. Everyone has a responsibility in relationships, not just the kids or the aunts or the uncles. Make sure the family is functional before intros are made. If not.. well just hold off on them. :biggrin:

Out laws...lol. I know you're probably looking for sympathy, but I agree with Amanda, better to take the high road.

Yeah damn those out laws. Where's the sheriff when you need him? Lasso those cowboy punks.
In all seriousness though, I'm having trouble relating. I'm unmarried, so maybe that's why. It may also be because I find the idea of using children as tools of revenge completely appalling. I agree that some forgiveness is in order. For goodness' sake, the woman's a widow, it's just cruel to keep her grandkids away from her. Convince her that you didn't deserve whatever treatment she gave you.

Am I the only person in this world who dispises their out laws? :yucky: Can anyone relate to me? My husband's is from a low class family and I am from a upper middle class. I think they are very jelous of the lifestyle I have and of course to make them feel better, they treat me like trash. Poking fun at people is their past time but rather what they say is what they see in the mirror. One of his sister makes fun of everyone that was larger size and guess who has the last laugh now? She now turned into a fat cow.

His mother is a classless petty B??ch. After 20 years, she is trying to be nice to me now that the old man has past away. Isn't that too late now. My best revenge is not to allow this old hag to see her son's children, I am the mother of these children after all. Revenge is sweet.

Too bad that the only decent person in his family was his late father. He has a sister that lives over sea and thinks she's queen sh?t when she comes and that everyone must shower them with gifts but she buys us cr?p, applying credit at high end stores and leaving the bills for my husband to pay. His brother is a loser as well. Hope you know who you are and reading it.

Any stories to share with me so I don't feel so miserable?:s

For someone who claims that their in-laws are "low-class", you are exhibiting very low-class behaviour and have written a post that doesn't have the writing/spelling skills of someone who is "upper middle class".