Love or hate the beach

• Love the beach!

• Hate it!

• Can take it or leave it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Personally, I hate the beach. I see no point in going there. What is so nice about sitting around in the hot sun with dirt all around you? And, it is work! you have to lug chairs, blankets, food, drink, etc. Then, lug it all back home and when you get home-you are all filthy with sand and shells everywhere and then you end up having to clean your house. I just hate it! i don't understand people who say, "oh, it's nice to go to the beach on a hot day, it's so cool and relaxing here" Yeah, well, its cool and relaxing in my air conditioned home too!

Anyway, hubby loves the beach and thinks I am nuts for feeling the way I do. So, what say you all? Love or hate it. Am i alone here?

I have very strong emotional attachments, not to things, but to places for some reason and I LOVE going to the beach. I literally cry when it's time to leave. But not just any beach. I love the beaches in LA and Miami but I'm not a fan of beaches on the east coast like those in MD, DE and NJ. Pretty much any Carribean beach is fine with me. My DREAM trip is to Bora Bora and I do believe that if I ever got the chance to go, I would seriously drop dead right there in the sand. LOL!

I get incredibly overwhelmed by sunsets and the sound of the ocean. Nishi, if you ever muster up the courage, try this: Skinny-dip in a beautiful ocean just once. It is one of the most incredible feelings you will ever experience. LOL! I'm serious.

Loooove the beach. My fave part of summer. I dont go to all the effort all i take is a towel and i walk to the beach and walk home and run to the shower, so i dont find it work.

THe sand irritates me sometimes but the water makes up for it lol

I have very strong emotional attachments, not to things, but to places for some reason and I LOVE going to the beach. I literally cry when it's time to leave. But not just any beach. I love the beaches in LA and Miami but I'm not a fan of beaches on the east coast like those in MD, DE and NJ. Pretty much any Carribean beach is fine with me. My DREAM trip is to Bora Bora and I do believe that if I ever got the chance to go, I would seriously drop dead right there in the sand. LOL!

I get incredibly overwhelmed by sunsets and the sound of the ocean. Nishi, if you ever muster up the courage, try this: Skinny-dip in a beautiful ocean just once. It is one of the most incredible feelings you will ever experience. LOL! I'm serious.

I would never do that because, 1) I am fat and 2) I don't swim. LOL

I guess the third thing would be to find a beautiful ocean-I would have to not be in NY :smile:

Last edited:
i hate the beach. hate sand getting everywhere. not a fan of going in the ocean (though i love looking at it). i am a pool person. LOVE a pool. i think it's NY nishi. i like the ocean better when i can see the bottom- like in the bahamas or bermuda, etc. but still not a fan.

i hate the beach. hate sand getting everywhere. not a fan of going in the ocean (though i love looking at it). i am a pool person. LOVE a pool. i think it's NY nishi. i like the ocean better when i can see the bottom- like in the bahamas or bermuda, etc. but still not a fan.

Oh man-heather, you and I need to be buds! I feel exactly the same way! give me a pool anyday! When we were in Cancun, I liked the beach so much better-still not a huge fan-but, i didn't hate it like I do here. I think it's a NY thing too.

i went to fire island last weekend and it was beautiful but i seriously liked the ferry part best. lol. the beach was ok but i still was unhappy with all the sand! lol.

one of my friends just called me about going to the beach this weekend and my response was "um, ok.... i guess...." i wish there was a pool i could reccomend instead.

I can totally understand why people would hate the beach though. I think the only reason i love it so much is coz ive been going since i was a baby and have been confident in the ocean since i was a toddler and all that. If i was a bit iffy around the ocean then id hate the beach too.

i have a love hate relationship. i HATE to go lay on the beach all day. absolutely loathe doing that. i like going when i want to...i'm just as happy not going though. i hate the sand after you get wet, eww.

i went to fire island last weekend and it was beautiful but i seriously liked the ferry part best. lol. the beach was ok but i still was unhappy with all the sand! lol.

one of my friends just called me about going to the beach this weekend and my response was "um, ok.... i guess...." i wish there was a pool i could reccomend instead.

There is a great private pool club in Queens that my SIL belongs to that we used to go to almost every single weekend. We have recently had a falling out with SIL, so, we have been avoiding going there. You should look into joining!

i absolutely love the beach but i have a very hard time just laying out in the sun. i like to walk and hike and swim and stroll and snorkel and play. :yes: