Home & Garden Hastens Mattress - worth $14K??

claudette2

Jan 28, 2007
Have any of you heard of Hastens beds made in Sweden? They are pretty spendy, but I have to admit after shopping around, I think they are handsdown the most comfortable beds out there. Their lowest end starts at $3400, and it goes up from there. The one that we really love is $14k (which is middle of the road, the most expensive is $40k or something crazy). All of the beds are hand made out of 100% natural materials (meaning no foam, latex, etc.)

Has anyone else slept on a Hanstens mattress? How much would you pay for your mattress?

Reactions: jamie2214
At first I thought the 14K was a typo- I wouldn't pay more than 3K for mine. How long is the warranty for?

On the one hand, it's a lot of money and yet on the other, we spend so much of our lives sleeping that if you have the money and want that bed, then go for it.

i have a hästens bed but it was £3k-ish. but it was an ex-display so i think retail was just under £5k. i have a superia in london, and in finland i have an excelsior which my parents bought waaay before their prices went up so insanely. my parents have a 2000T which i think is above mine but i don't think it's more comfortable than mine. they're incredibly comfortable but i don't know how much of a difference there is once you get above that. but the lowest end ones aren't that comfortable at all (IMO anyway) so either splurge or go for another brand. the guarantee is 25 years so i guess that's twice your average bed or something like that.

hmmm i should really crawl into my bed rather than stay up all night on the pf :nuts:

I would never spend for the highest price mattress in a brand's line. Manufacturers make a "good", "better" and "best" so people can make a decision. Some people are fine with the basics and some want the top-of-the-line, so they cater to both. (like the Hastens rep said)

Like with Tempurpedic mattresses, unless you're 300+lbs, the 3-inch foam pad gives you all the benefits the body needs. There's no difference with increasing the thickness of the Tempurpedic material after that.

At first I thought the 14K was a typo- I wouldn't pay more than 3K for mine. You can find coupons like ones on http://leesamattresscoupons.com and apply them. How long is the warranty for?

On the one hand, it's a lot of money and yet on the other, we spend so much of our lives sleeping that if you have the money and want that bed, then go for it.

Yah me too!! That's alot of money!

I would never spend for the highest price mattress in a brand's line. Manufacturers make a "good", "better" and "best" so people can make a decision. Some people are fine with the basics and some want the top-of-the-line, so they cater to both. (like the Hastens rep said)

Like with Tempurpedic mattresses, unless you're 300+lbs, the 3-inch foam pad gives you all the benefits the body needs. There's no difference with increasing the thickness of the Tempurpedic material after that.

Totally agree on this as well. I wouldn't spend more then like 2K on a mattress. Do your research online first!

I think sleep is important, so if it helps you sleep better, why not? We bought a new mattress last summer and it was expensive but not $14k, about half that. We purchased an aireloom which has similar qualities to the mattress OP is considering (natural materials). It is SO comfortable, even more comfortable than the Stearns & Foster one we thought we wanted. I don’t regret spliurging at all.