Has your SO ever vetoed a bag purchase?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just wondering. Mine vetoes anything LV Damier. I've never even really considered it but anytime we happen upon it he issues a 'pre-emptive veto'. Strangely enough, it's the colourscheme that does it, he likes things to 'pop' more...

Oh and for some reason he also vetoed a red alligator birkin with diamonds... something to do with not wanting to sell his kidneys to buy me a bag? DH really very silly man sometimes... ;)

2. he's never told me not to buy a bag although he's opined on my purchases many times most unfavorable and unsolicited. he did convince me not to get a gryson tate. i had sales goggles and would definitely have regretted purchasing it. he's a good voice of reason to have...sometimes.

3. Every bag I have ever owned lol. There might be one bag that he may like of mine but all the others (which is a lot) he hates them! I can no longer go shopping with him because of that.

A few years ago we were in the guess store and I was just looking at things and I had my hand out feeling the material and he walked in front of it and made me drop it! :yucky: I was embarrassed and all I heard was complaining. Why would you buy things like that?! BLAH BLAH BLAHHH! Any ways anytime I get a new bag he gives me a hard time and it happens so much that I just roll my eyes. lol and now it doesn't bother me!

4. He will tell me if something I am holding is ugly but if I have my heart set on it, he doesn't really care as long as he thinks I will use it.

5. i think if he ever did, id just want it more lol

6. He does not veto my bags per say but when I ask his opinion he is more than happy to give it to me.:P

7. He does not veto my purchases because I usually don't tell him of my purchases until after I've already bought it :nuts:

I will ask him though whether he likes my purses and so far he's liked all of the purses in my collection with the exception of my YSL ponyhair muse. I also know he doesn't like Coach bags, but then again I don't own any.

8. DH usually goes with the flow and rarely makes a comment. When he does, I take it seriously because I really respect his eye.

9. Whoa, me too :graucho:

10. Sometime DH will vetoed a bag and sometime he don't. But most of the time he don't be with me when I do purchase my handbags. And when he does see them he don't say a word except that he likes it, but to watch out for my MIL because she's gonna want them:smile:

11. He tries, but that doesn't mean I'll listen :shrugs:

Sometimes though, I think he does it to sort of test me.. to make me think about how much I really want the bag. If I can be talked out of it easily, he's like "See, aren't you glad I talked you out of it?" and I have to admit, I usually am.

12. i've never asked him for his opinion. i buy what i want.

13. My SO vetoes every bag I get when he sees the package arrive at the door. ;)

14. my bf votes NO to any LV, yes to chloe paddington and "no comment" on balenciaga

15. My DH always tells me to carry a larger bag, then he pawns off all his crap on me so he can keep his pockets empty. The man needs his own dayumed purse. :rolleyes: