has this happened to your sarah?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all, I have a question, my zipper coin pocket of my vernis sarah is making an indent on the top inner flap of my wallet... is this normal? Can I do something about it? Has it happened to you?

Also does anyone know where the thread that showed how to protect the inside of your coin case?

Heidiho

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
Yes I have the same problem with my vernis sarah. The zipper is leaving indentations. don't think anything can be done to prevent it. If it had a canvas interior it wouldn't happen but the leather is easier to indent.

Dawn72

Yogi Mama
O.G.
Dec 9, 2010
LVoeletters said:
Hi all, I have a question, my zipper coin pocket of my vernis sarah is making an indent on the top inner flap of my wallet... is this normal? Can I do something about it? Has it happened to you?

i dont think there is much you can do.
Try leaving a gap in between the zip and the flap. And dont place the wallet upside down where the weight of the wallet and zip will press on the flap closure. Also, every time you close the flap, align the zipper pull so that it lies along the zip, not in a awkward position like perpendicular or standing!
If it truly bothers you then drastic measured will have to be taken like layering a piece of thick felt over the zip every time. A lot of work and cheesy but hey! No explanations needed amongst us :smile: i once saw a girl who took out her wallet in a felt enclosure. Took out her money and paid. Then put her wallet back into the felt enclosure, folded that and put it back into her bag. Her wallet was some sort of soft lambskin quilted thing but i felt really tired after watching all that :biggrin:

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Try leaving a gap in between the zip and the flap. And dont place the wallet upside down where the weight of the wallet and zip will press on the flap closure. Also, every time you close the flap, align the zipper pull so that it lies along the zip, not in a awkward position like perpendicular or standing!
If it truly bothers you then drastic measured will have to be taken like layering a piece of thick felt over the zip every time. A lot of work and cheesy but hey! No explanations needed amongst us :smile: i once saw a girl who took out her wallet in a felt enclosure. Took out her money and paid. Then put her wallet back into the felt enclosure, folded that and put it back into her bag. Her wallet was some sort of soft lambskin quilted thing but i felt really tired after watching all that :biggrin:
hahah that might have been me! SO I can attest to your statement being true! It is a lot of work! I want to get a big cosmetic case for me to store my wallet in there to protect it from my big angry textbooks. I just did the tutorial but I went a little crazy; not only did I line the coin purse, I lined the back pocket and the front pocket... Maybe these are my training wheels I need to be able to enjoy the wallet lol lol lol

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
No way! I couldn’t do all that…
I use my mono Sarah as is, and I carry coins in the coin compartment without a liner!! My wallet is going comando :graucho::biggrin: