Has this happened to you, too?

Ah hem (clearing my throat)...Millstream what do you need with that bag? You've been coaching me for the past several weeks (thank you) to clear up my closet of bags. :bagslap: You absolutely have a gorgeous Hermes collection and are acquiring something really special this week...shhhhh. :whistle:

:heart::heart::heart: lovehermes, you're sort of right -- and your posting is hilarious.

My coaching has been about stockpiling vs. wearing your bags. With the exception of my special occasion mini Black Veau Doblis Kelly, the rest of my bags are in weekly rotation. Uh, well, the 32cm Kellys spend lots of time in their sleepers but do get some fresh air now and again. The "one that got away" would have moved right into that rotation. Dammit, dammit, dammit! Now, I want it again.

Nothing could steal the thunder from the "something really special" that'll be winging its way here this week.

Kallie Girl, hlfinn, Rockerchic, Kelly_Birkin, licencetocook, CynthiaNYC, CobaltBlu, isus, mrssparkles, ReneH, I appreciate your commiserating with me. I'll :crybaby:try to get over this!

Hummingbird, the gem business sounds very rough. Way too rough for me!

The nicest thing happened this afternoon. I had the opportunity to buy that Hermes goody that I'd missed out on a few days ago. It was offered to me at the same price as the original eBay high bid, and handled with graciousness and generosity. I was able to see the item IRL and found, to my surprise, that it really wasn't for me.

All's well that ends well.

Millstream I'm happy to hear that it (very curious now what it was :smile: got offered back to you. Too bad it didn't work out for you, at least you know now.

Cynthia, you NEED to try biddingscheduler.com- I've used them for over a year and they've always come through (once I even used it to win a $13K timeshare for my grandparents). It's simple to use and best of all, free!

MillStream :heart: you are such a kind person!

ValleyOppressed, what's biddingscheduler, a snipe service?

I would like to clear the record here, now that everything is clarified between MillStream and myself.
If anyone is interested in doing so, please feel free to check my bid history. If you do, you can see that I actually do not snipe, I bid or BIN, and that in fact I never purchased this particular bag in the first place. It was purchased by one of my clients in a totally different state about 4 hours away from me. She immediately decided that she had more than enough similar bags, as she has about 6-7 toile combination bags already and really expected this one to close at a higher price. Therefore, she chose to consign this bag to me. I understand that many of us have become jaded over the years via eBay and other activities, but please know that this is exactly what happened. I am an honest seller, Sandia is an honest seller, and the original buyer is an honest buyer who simply chose not to keep the bag she had bought. I think it says volumes about HER character that she did pay for the bag immediately without any hassle to Sandia, even though she was ambivalent about it. The BIN price is on the listing in case someone didn't want to wait--if they wanted it for less, they could always email me and ask! I hope this clarifies it for all of those who have taken an interest in this bag's provenance.

Ok, now that that is settled, we need to move one. This is not aimed at anyone in particular- but we need to reiterate that personal issues between members have no place on the boards. Please, have the discretion to discuss such issues by PM.

Now, let's get back to having fun!!!

Jag, I understand. My comment was not aimed at a particular person, I just wanted to openly clarify the situation because I have received a bunch of inquiries (both through eBay and PM) from members here.
The subject is now dropped, by me.

:happydance::happydance:

Oh, i just didn't realize what had happened, so I'm clueless, and I also don't need to know:smile: as I know that in the end everything just worked out !!! which is the most important thing:smile: we are doing a lot of kiss and make ups here today;)

Jag, I understand. My comment was not aimed at a particular person, I just wanted to openly clarify the situation because I have received a bunch of inquiries (both through eBay and PM) from members here.
The subject is now dropped, by me.

:happydance::happydance:

No worries Cynthia! My comment was not aimed at you in particular. The fact of the matter is personal issues need to stay off the boards, and we need to get back to having fun around here!!!

Who's with me?:choochoo: