Has this happened to you at the boutique?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
I arrived at the boutique yesterday and there were quite a few people there I had an appointment with my SA who was setting up VIC room for me to view the soft lockit bag. While I was downstairs a customer just went behind the counter and looked at the monogram lockit and picked it up to look at. One of the SA snapped at her "don't touch that you can't be back here".

Wow I felt bad for the female customer who was carrying a Chanel bag and could obviously afford the lv bag. I know we aren't suppose to go behind a counter but no one was Helping her and she wanted to see.

Would it not be best if the SA said "may I help you with something?"

If it wasn't my VIC status and my lovely SA at this stand alone boutique I probably wouldn't come here so rude!

Oh and what is just not right is that this did happen to me a year ago when I wasn't a VIC and I did pick up an epi neverfull while holding my baby and another SA snapped at me too. However now that I am a VIC (I bought several bags in the last few months and have a great relationship with my SA) the managers and other SA are super nice to me and I'm sure if I did go behind counter no one would snap at me.

Yes favoritism is definitely at work at the LV boutique.

Last edited:
Wow, that's really rude. I agree the SA could've just asked if she needed help rather than snapping at her. That has never happened in any store I've gone into to. That is such a turn off. If I was her, I wouldn't be going back.

Wow, that's really rude. I agree the SA could've just asked if she needed help rather than snapping at her. That has never happened in any store I've gone into to. That is such a turn off. If I was her, I wouldn't be going back.

Yes but she got helped by another SA who is Chinese (who ran over after seeing this interaction to the rescue) and spoke the customer's language and she bought the bag.

Last edited:
That was extremely rude of the SA to snap at her like that. I've had incidents when my SA has been helping me (even a time when I was making mon monogram purchase) and other customers have interrupted the process. My sweet sales lady was always polite and asked one of her associates to kindly help them out.

The S.A. was shockingly rude imo. If I were the woman with the Chanel, I would have left the store. I might have even politely complained to the manager in the store and told him/her I was taking my luxury handbag money elsewhere.

The one LV boutique in my state is not stuffy. In fact, they might be too lenient concerning children. The last two times I was there, children were running wild, behaving like monsters (hiding behind the display cases where SAs were helping clients), touching items (while yelling "Touch, touch, touch!"), and knocking down displays. I was appalled. Someone probably will buy the items that the children knocked down. I understand that the gracious SAs should not have to correct other people's children, but the store's management has to do something about obnoxious children. :bagslap:

The S.A. was shockingly rude imo. If I were the woman with the Chanel, I would have left the store. I might have even politely complained to the manager in the store and told him/her I was taking my luxury handbag money elsewhere.

The one LV boutique in my state is not stuffy. In fact, they might be too lenient concerning children. The last two times I was there, children were running wild, behaving like monsters (hiding behind the display cases where SAs were helping clients), touching items (while yelling "Touch, touch, touch!"), and knocking down displays. I was appalled. Someone probably will buy the items that the children knocked down. I understand that the gracious SAs should not have to correct other people's children, but the store's management has to do something about obnoxious children. :bagslap:

+1 ..... I have a child he is by no means perfect but is a pretty good child has his moments etc but I wouldn't take him to a LV store by any means he would get bored even if he had his iPad etc just a not a store I would subject my kid to or the other people in the store if he got bored and antsy I would be embarrassed ..

I don't blame the S.A. For snapping at the customer.

Just because someone is wearing a Chanel does not mean they can afford everything.....wynona Ryder was/is a millionaire and still stole from saks.

There are reasons these items are in glass case...... I guess the customer can just get her own change at the register too, because no way would anyone steal money while wearing a chanel purse.

Last edited:
It's moments like these where clash of cultures come into play. Those from a more genteel culture are shocked at behaviour they're not used to or consider rude, crass and unacceptable.
On the other side lf the world, being rich means being fat (prosperous) loud, rude and overall in-your-face.
Neither is right and neither is wrong but we have our own preferences, preconceptions and expectations.
And yes OP, I've seen something similar happen to a lady being told off by a security guard and she didn't even blink, just put the bag down and moved outside of that sacred space :biggrin:

I could see why a SA may not be overly nice, it's a very busy weekend for the boutique. They must be stressed out and have to deal with possible theft or someone damaging a bag. Also I wouldn't go behind a counter in any store.
Even though the customer could afford it, which isn't really right to judge she should expect to wait while shopping especially on mothers day weekend. Last year my boutique had an actual line, that was pretty long to wait for help. This year I got my mother's day bag the end of April.

Last edited:
I agree that favoritism is definitely at work at the LV boutique. Fortunately, I have never experienced what you did. There are many ways to communicate and get the desired reaction, this was just how this particular SA chose to do it. I watched a lady get a talking to about taking pictures of a bag once. I found it interesting that I've taken pictures of bags on my shoulder many times (with this SA around) and she never said a thing. I was embarrassed because I didn't know that it wasn't allowed and I'm sure my cheeks were pinker than the customer receiving the lecture.

i don't blame the s.a. For snapping at the customer.

Just because someone is wearing a chanel does not mean they can afford everything.....wynona ryder was/is a millionaire and still stole from saks.

There are reasons these items are in glass case...... I guess the customer can just get her own change at the register too, because no way would anyone steal money while wearing a chanel purse.

+1

The SA just lacks basic manners and doesn't really know how to deal with unpredictable situations with grace. She's an SA - it's not surprising - all kinds of people work at LV.

I too have snapped pics and the manager even took one for me. So I do think favoritism is at play.

I agree that the customer shouldn't have walked behind the counter and this was the super long counter in the back of the store and she walked all the way in to get to the bag. I have only walked to the side of a counter to touch a bag before but I have never walked all the way in. I think it is also for the safety of the SA that customers stay on the other side I mean it is like a stampede on weekends. But snapping at her probably wasn't a nice thing to do

Last edited:
Two years ago when I walked into the LV boutique to purchase my first bag they made me feel very much out of my element. It was a Friday which happens to be jean day at my job so I was not dressed up. The SA who first ask to help me sighed the whole time I looked at different bag as if I were wasting her time. I think she thought I was a looky loo. She really made me feel very unwanted in her boutique so I left empty handed. I went back on Saturday because I was determined to get my bag. Tara helped me this day and she was very nice and helpful as I was there for hours before I finally chose my bag. I have been back several times since then and the first SA is still there but I refuse to work with her. Ali, Tara and Austin are the only SA's I will purchase from. I admit they can be a little stuffy but being rude or making someone feel unworthy is unacceptable!

Be Blessed MoNikki