Has this happen to you on ebay?

Hamhamjanice

Nov 23, 2010
Disappoint today when I view one of my watched item. The seller has increased the starting price! By $200! Though they still accept offered price option. But if i now offered my planned price, it is very low considered the new price.

So sad, thought i saw a good deal... Maybe I should have made a offer earlier but there were still so many days left in the listing... Now I am kicking myself....:nogood:

Disappoint today when I view one of my watched item. The seller has increased the starting price! By $200! Though they still accept offered price option. But if i now offered my planned price, it is very low considered the new price.

So sad, thought i saw a good deal... Maybe I should have made a offer earlier but there were still so many days left in the listing... Now I am kicking myself....:nogood:

She probably wouldn't have accepted your offer if she raised her starting price by that much.

I'm just offering this as a possibility because it happened to me.

Some time ago, I had an item that I'd been listing and relisting several times and getting no interest. My BIN was lower than the completed listings were selling for and my item was in better condition than the higher priced sales.

Finally someone suggested that I raise my price.

It didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I raised my price with a best offer option and the bag sold for more than my original BIN within a few days.

Although the original price wasn't that low, I think that sometimes, there's a perception of an item having something wrong with it but raising the price and accepting an offer gave the buyer the feeling of having gotten a deal.

If you think this might be the case with your buyer, you might try making an offer.

something similar happened to me today. the seller added a reserve price for one of the items I was watching.

In my effort to find out more about the details of the bag, I gave the seller some information that I'm assuming the seller was ignorant about (ie the retail price of the bag). The model of the bag is not too popular, so I hope the seller will be willing to sell it at the original or close to the initial price.

I was hesitant to ask more questions about the bag because I was afraid of something like this would happen, but I did not want to bid on a bag that was not exactly what I wanted or was defective. Oh well!