Has this forum raised your handbag standards?

I think it sets my goals higher, but I still have love for my lower end handbags. The bag gallery collection has really inspired me though !

Ya, I think it definitely raised my standards for handbag. I haven't touch my old Guess or Nine West bags at all. lol But this forum is making me spend less on cheap quality bags and force me to save for better quality bags. In a way, it's making me spend smart.

It opened my eyes to designers I would have pass up before. I never would have considered Chanel or Dior. The Chanel quilting just didn't do it for me. But now after looking at them over and over they are growing on me.

:lol:

Well in my case it has affected in the sense that I used to, well hate is a strong word, but I really didn't like LV (mostly because of all the fakes I see around my city), Balenciaga or Fendi Spys amongst other things and now when I have seen pics of the real things they're really starting to grow on me. I'm actually thinking of getting some proper bags for a change :amuse: Gotta be careful though I'm on a budget and I'm gettin a bit over-excited here :smile: :lol:

amanda said:
the board has taught me not to settle - i shouldn't end up with something i LIKE if there's something out there i LOVE and should save for, because ultimately it'll be worth it.

Same here... I used to buy way too many $150-$250 bags because I thought $1,000 was out of reach. I'm now much more comfortable with saving to get the bag I really want -- at least partly because the more expensive bags tend to be around for a while and I don't feel as though I have to snap them up before they're gone forever.

It hasnt expanded it, as i have been a purse whore for years. But it has definately made me extend my collection out of the safe brands "gucci, chanel, LV" i had just bought my first balenciaga...and i LOVE it.