Has this ever happened to you? o.O

Aug 19, 2010
Hi ladies, I was wearing my fifis the other day, and today I just noticed that the entire tip of the heel came off :huh: when I was wearing them I could hear it needed to be replaced but I thought it was just because the black tip was waering off, not completely gone! I'm not like scared or anything I know it can be replaced in a heartbeat, but I was wondering if this has only happened to me.

Photoon2010-11-13at19462.jpg

Photoon2010-11-13at19463.jpg

Photoon2010-11-13at1946.jpg

This happened when I wore my black coquines! I honestly thought (ok dont make fun here) that it was because Im plus size and I was putting too much stress on them.

Word of advise from my cobbler: Don't wear your shoes when you start to see the head of the nail on your heel tip. He said walking on your heels with the rubber heel tip worn off can weaken the nail/screw in your heels and may cause further damage to your shoes, which can be costly or unrepairable.

So, as soon as you start to see the nail/screw on the heel tip, take them to cobbler.

Happened to me when I made the mistake of wearing my Nappas to a wedding and stood in the grass. My heel got stuck and I carelessly pulled it out instead of being more gentle. Luckily I didn't do any damage to anything other than the heel tip and was able to get both tips replaced by a cobbler. I learned my lesson - I will NEVER wear my Louboutins in the grass!

The same thing happened to me the first time I wore my new Rons Rons. I have to admit I wondered whether CL had changed the quality of the heel taps since I'd never seen it happen before.

I had it happen to a pair of 'new' vintage pumps I bought off of Ebay(thankfully a cobbler was close by) but I have never had it happen again. I did not notice until I walked on the marble floor at the office.....the sound was awful!

Yes, this happened to my ron rons and decolts and the cobbler was able to repair them so they were like brand new. Karwood is right -- don't continue to walk on the bare nail/screw because it will weaken the rest of the shoe. Good luck! :flowers:

When I bought my Decollettes at Saks the SA told me that the heel tips that come with the shoes are useless, and if I need them to be replaced I'm better off having the cobbler replace them with whatever heel tips they normally use b/c they're probably of better quality.