Has this ever happened to you?? Nice Coach!! UGH!!

TexasST

Bag Obsessed
Mar 16, 2011
Ban Island!!
I knew I lived in a city that was not well versed in fashion and designers. I love Balenciaga bags and I know that 99% of the people in my city have never heard of Bal. I had even thought the vast population where I live might mistake my Chanel bags for Coach. BUT I actually had someone compliment me on my "Coach" bag yesterday...but it was my fav Chanel ITM small black tote!! :cry: I don't mean any disrespect to Coach. My co-worker is a super sweetheart but little did she know the dagger she thrust into my heart. Okay, I am being a tad bit dramatic, hehehe. :sunnies:

I buy my designer goods for myself and don't really care if people know the designer. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else? :thinking:

Attachments

Peonies813

Jan 3, 2012
California
I would have felt the same! LOL! I'm sorry that happened but yes, this made me laugh. Someone once thought my black jumbo caviar was a Kate Spade. LOL again! Now so many bags have quilts and gold chains..I guess it's hard to tell and Chanel's are not super common within my immediate community.

I LOVE your ITM by the way-I have been going back and forth between this and the Chain Around Maxi as some pfers know..may I ask you how the leather is holding up? Has it faded or is it showing stains or wear and tear? I'm not familiar with that type of leather so I'm quite curious about the durability. I'd be using it very very often! Thanks.

Cyu511

Dec 14, 2010
I knew I lived in a city that was not well versed in fashion and designers. I love Balenciaga bags and I know that 99% of the people in my city have never heard of Bal. I had even thought the vast population where I live might mistake my Chanel bags for Coach. BUT I actually had someone compliment me on my "Coach" bag yesterday...but it was my fav Chanel ITM small black tote!! :cry: I don't mean any disrespect to Coach. My co-worker is a super sweetheart but little did she know the dagger she thrust into my heart. Okay, I am being a tad bit dramatic, hehehe. :sunnies:

I buy my designer goods for myself and don't really care if people know the designer. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else? :thinking:
happened to me once. A co-worker says " that's a nice coach bag ".... :Pullhair:

Last edited:

kellynt

Apr 3, 2012
this made me laugh :roflmfao: just enjoy your bag, i think it is rather cute how people mistake chanel for coach

TexasST

Bag Obsessed
Mar 16, 2011
Ban Island!!
I would have felt the same! LOL! I'm sorry that happened but yes, this made me laugh. Someone once thought my black jumbo caviar was a Kate Spade. LOL again! Now so many bags have quilts and gold chains..I guess it's hard to tell and Chanel's are not super common within my immediate community.

I LOVE your ITM by the way-I have been going back and forth between this and the Chain Around Maxi as some pfers know..may I ask you how the leather is holding up? Has it faded or is it showing stains or wear and tear? I'm not familiar with that type of leather so I'm quite curious about the durability. I'd be using it very very often! Thanks.
I hadn't even thought of Kate Spade, LOL!! I don't even know if many people where I live are that fashionable, hehehe!!

I LOVE the ITM tote, I actually have the small black w/ brown handles, the large grey w/ brown handles and just got the all brown one. Yes, I'm one of 'those' people that buys one in every color if I love it, LOL. I am somewhat careful with my bags but not obsessively so. They have all been out in the rain, well more of a sprinkle, with no issues. I can wipe them down with a damp towel and they look brand new. I ADORE the Chain Around Maxi as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either style. Don't forget to post pics if you do get something!!