Has there ever been a style of MJ that locks?

Here's the Kate. Is this the type of lock you saw? It is also on the Liya-type bags.
attachment.php

yes - the Maggie and Eva bags from 2002 had locks and keys, altho the actual lock was within the padlock on the front of the bag
attachment.php

while the Kate (similar in style to the Maggie) bags also had locks and keys (it wasn't a traditional padlock, but the lock was on the front of the bag)
attachment.php

this season, most of the carter bags have locks & keys (they have actual locks located on the end of the bag)
attachment.php

I believe there were also some much older styles (like from MJs first season 2000/01) had locks & keys

Attachments

• mag1.JPG
    mag1.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 97
  • kate2.JPG
    kate2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 95
  • cr1b.jpg
    cr1b.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
That pink Kate is adorable, although the light suede would scare me.

it actually wasn't that hard to keep clean -- the backside and bottom were made of leather -- I sometimes regret selling that bag, esp after seeing all the gorgeous kates around here -- it was so soft and there's so much room inside -- and the color was so pretty (it was more of a muted rose, not too pink!)

Thanks so much for your responses! The bag I saw looked similar to the yellow bag (not sure if it's the Maggie or Eva), but the straps were different, so maybe it's the style not pictured.

The Carter bags are SO CUTE!

Thanks so much for your responses! The bag I saw looked similar to the yellow bag (not sure if it's the Maggie or Eva), but the straps were different, so maybe it's the style not pictured.

The Carter bags are SO CUTE!

the Maggie was the larger one and had the double straps -- the body of the Eva bag looks the same, but it's smaller (by about half) and only has one strap -- maybe that's the bag you saw

Thank you Iluvmybags! It was the Eva, in the red like your picture.

I think that color was called Poppy -- it's a really pretty color. Are you thinking about getting it? If you don't mind my asking -- how much were they asking for it? I take my bags to a resale shop too and sometimes they seem a little overpriced -- of course, that's good for me as I get more $$ when (if) it sells!