Has the Robinson Satchel been retired?

May 10, 2010
I bought a Robinson Satchel over a year ago (the regular size, not the "Middy") in Navy saffiano. I thought it was too big when I bought it so I considered returning it, but I got a great price on it so I let it sit a while. Believe it or not, I just cut the tags off and started using it last week and I LOVE it. It doesn't feel big to me at all. In fact, I think the "Middy" satchel would be too small for me. I'd love one in another color, but it seems that it doesn't exist anymore. Anyone know anything about whether this style/size has been discontinued?

not sure if it's discontinued but I saw a camel patent and navy one in the Orlando outlet about two weeks ago. Also saw what looked like a croc satchel in a TB retail store last week.

harlem_cutie said:
not sure if it's discontinued but I saw a camel patent and navy one in the Orlando outlet about two weeks ago. Also saw what looked like a croc satchel in a TB retail store last week.

Where is the outlet in Orlando?

I bought a Robinson Satchel over a year ago (the regular size, not the "Middy") in Navy saffiano. I thought it was too big when I bought it so I considered returning it, but I got a great price on it so I let it sit a while. Believe it or not, I just cut the tags off and started using it last week and I LOVE it. It doesn't feel big to me at all. In fact, I think the "Middy" satchel would be too small for me. I'd love one in another color, but it seems that it doesn't exist anymore. Anyone know anything about whether this style/size has been discontinued?

Just curious as to what the size of the regular one is? I too like the Middy and tend to be able to endure smaller bags but it just seems to "look" too small as well. Not sure if that makes sense but there is a line where a bag makes me feel like I'm wearing little girl things, if you know what I mean. It has to do with design and size. I do believe this bag has been discontinued from what my SA told me at the boutique.

Just curious as to what the size of the regular one is? I too like the Middy and tend to be able to endure smaller bags but it just seems to "look" too small as well. Not sure if that makes sense but there is a line where a bag makes me feel like I'm wearing little girl things, if you know what I mean. It has to do with design and size. I do believe this bag has been discontinued from what my SA told me at the boutique.

The regular satchel measures:
11 inches high x 13 inches long x 6.5 inches deep
For me, it's the perfect everyday size. If you've ever tried LV Speedy, it's about the same as the Speedy 35. The Middy just isn't quite big enough for me. I agree with you that it's not just about capacity, but the look as well. The handles look too big for the body of the bag in the Middy size whereas on the regular they look just right IMHO. I'm so bummed that it's gone :tdown:

Shame. The Robinson satchel is so much nicer. When I first saw the Middy, my thought was, "The original one (the Robinson) looks better". Maybe this is a sign that I should get one before it all runs out. :biggrin:

The one Jessica Alba was using is the regular size.

The other black one is the middy size which is REALLY SMALL and disproportionate!

Attachments

• jessica-alba-and-tory-burch-robinson-satchel-gallery.jpg
    jessica-alba-and-tory-burch-robinson-satchel-gallery.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3,277
  • jessica-alba-west-hollywood-h-and-m-black-melange-coat-tory-burch-robinson-middy-satchel-1.jpg
    jessica-alba-west-hollywood-h-and-m-black-melange-coat-tory-burch-robinson-middy-satchel-1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,912
  • tory-burch-black-robinson-middy-satchel-product-4-4904185-462626240_large_flex.jpg
    tory-burch-black-robinson-middy-satchel-product-4-4904185-462626240_large_flex.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 3,225
hey guys i just called all over to get the mini satchel in black and its sold out everywhere,because its from 2012. they only have the middy which is the new one with patent leather stitching available