Has the Rive Gauche bag been discontinued?

Marbella is right, I also have two of each and love them dearly. Ebay often has both of them, as well as bonanza (had a pretty ivory Rive Gauche for a long time)

My YSL SA told me the Rive Gauche is not discontinued but they only get one black RG at a time. I do think brown and ivory were discontinued. They also had an ostrich RG when I was there in Nov. This was the Beverly Hills store btw. Maybe they aren't producing it anymore but there is some stock, you just need to ask an SA to search, they didn't have the black on the floor, it was in back. And the black was not on sale but ostrich was. Besace is definitely discontinued but I have seen it at the outlet before. My SA at BH is named John, he can help you with the RG. Hope that helps!

Of course, I'm late to the party!
I just discovered this bag today and I am in love with it!
I'm going to call one of the boutiques tomorrow to see if they might still have one, but I was wondering if anyone knows what colors other than black, ivory & brown were produced? I just saw a beautiful light grey one on Malleries, but unfortunately it was sold :sad: (why do they keep the sold bags listed on their site?)

I was also wondering if anyone knows the retail price of this bag?
And finally, does anyone know of a resale shop (other than Fashionphile, Ann's Fab Finds, Yoogi's Closet or Malleries) where I could look and see if maybe they might have one? Checked eBay and bonanza, and there aren't any currently listed.

This seems like such a beautiful, classic style - I wonder why they discontinued them (or at least reduced the number of bags they produce)

Anything anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated - thanks in adavance!:flowers:

There was also a forest green color (had it and returned it:cry:smile:, would love to find another in that color. I believe the original retail was around $1395.

To the best of my recollection, there was black, brown, ivory, dark green, sage green, grey and caramel in goatskin. Then there was black, ivory and red croc-embossed lambskin patent leather. There was also a grey ombre and brown ombre glazed leather. They did combo bags with goatskin and ostrich in grey and brown. Finally there are the all-ostrich bags and they had a few different colors...brown, jungle green, taupe, beige, etc.

To the best of my recollection, there was black, brown, ivory, dark green, sage green, grey and caramel in goatskin. Then there was black, ivory and red croc-embossed lambskin patent leather. There was also a grey ombre and brown ombre glazed leather. They did combo bags with goatskin and ostrich in grey and brown. Finally there are the all-ostrich bags and they had a few different colors...brown, jungle green, taupe, beige, etc.

Wow, shazam, you are good, I think you got them all.

Thank you shazam! Think I'd love a grey one or dark green or sage - altho I wouldn't pass up black if I found one. Not a big fan of brown or caramel (would have to see it to decide) and definitely no ivory (no white or off-white bags for me!) and definitely goat leather - love the soft, smooshy, slouchy look! (I do love lambs leather, but I'm not a fan of croc embossed or patent leather)

Thank you shazam! Think I'd love a grey one or dark green or sage - altho I wouldn't pass up black if I found one. Not a big fan of brown or caramel (would have to see it to decide) and definitely no ivory (no white or off-white bags for me!) and definitely goat leather - love the soft, smooshy, slouchy look! (I do love lambs leather, but I'm not a fan of croc embossed or patent leather)

There are a couple of ivory-colored ones on ebay, here's one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Croc-Emboss...WH_Handbags&hash=item20c36ea5b8#ht_979wt_1398

There's a black one, I have this bag, it is the black-patent croc-embossed, but it is slouchy for a patent, so I love mine, because like you, I don't usually like croc-embossed, but this one is something else in real life.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YSL-YVES-SA...WH_Handbags&hash=item35ba2924ed#ht_674wt_1398

The sage green is gorgeous, but really hard to come by. There were a couple dark green ones on ebay the last 6 months or so, if I remember correctly.

Good luck in your search and if you buy one, post photos!

There are a couple of ivory-colored ones on ebay, here's one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Croc-Emboss...WH_Handbags&hash=item20c36ea5b8#ht_979wt_1398

There's a black one, I have this bag, it is the black-patent croc-embossed, but it is slouchy for a patent, so I love mine, because like you, I don't usually like croc-embossed, but this one is something else in real life.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YSL-YVES-SA...WH_Handbags&hash=item35ba2924ed#ht_674wt_1398

The sage green is gorgeous, but really hard to come by. There were a couple dark green ones on ebay the last 6 months or so, if I remember correctly.

Good luck in your search and if you buy one, post photos!
Thank you marbella - I did see those, but I definitely want a goat leather one (non-patent). The soft leather of Courtney Cox's bag is what drew me to the bag in the first place, and I'm not generally a fan of patent leather (or croc embossed). I stay away from white or ivory bags (there is an ivory one on eBay right now), so I'll have to keep searching for one of the other colors. Thank you tho, for the suggestions! I will definitely post pics if I'm lucky enough to find one!

Thank you marbella - I did see those, but I definitely want a goat leather one (non-patent). The soft leather of Courtney Cox's bag is what drew me to the bag in the first place, and I'm not generally a fan of patent leather (or croc embossed). I stay away from white or ivory bags (there is an ivory one on eBay right now), so I'll have to keep searching for one of the other colors. Thank you tho, for the suggestions! I will definitely post pics if I'm lucky enough to find one!

I agree that leather ones are yummier, I have glazed in light brown and goat ivory and the goat leather one slouches way nicer

try Portero as well among retailers

I agree that Malerries are not fair by leaving all those sold beauties there