Has the Neverfull always come with a matching case or is this something newer??

If she's 67, and know how to use an iPad, I'm pretty sure, she knows how to sell on eBay.

I wouldn't do a partial refund. Tell her you will take your bag back but it has to be the same, and same condition as when you shipped it. Make her pay for the shipping both ways too.

Last edited:
I know, that is what I was thinking. Phew, I just saw she left positive feedback. I called ebay and they said I do not have to accept a return and that she stated the bag was as described so I should be fine. The sunglasses, I will need to wait. I called about that too and was told there isn't anything I can do and wait to see if buyer pays.
I would still respond and inform her that she can sell the bag to Yoogis closet, FP and etc. Depending on the selling price she might break even or take a small loss. Even though she left you positive feedback she can still file a claim. She can create a reason, buyers do this all the time.

On auctions anyone can bid unless they are on your block list or they have below 0 feedback. You might want to do buy it now auctions with the best offer option if you want to screen buyers. There is no way to keep someone from bidding unless they have lots of unpaid strikes, are in a country you don't ship to and etc. If they are just a buyer with low feedback they can still bid and many know this.

At the moment, you don't have to accept the return at all. However if she opens a case, eBay will most likely side with her regardless, unfortunately, and then you will have to accept the return.

Assuming she is being truthful about being clueless re. eBay, and does not open a case, it's totally your call. I wouldn't accept a return, personally. She sent you a polite request, but I would politely decline. I would feel it's too much hassle to have to go through selling the bag again. Why should you, when you listed correctly?

You should decline but let her know that she can purchase a pochette accessories from LV that she can add to the d-ring in the bag. Maybe this will help divert her away from wanting to return it...

I don't think you would allow her to return it. It's far too risky. If she sends you back your bag damaged or a counterfeit bag you're going to have a huge problem. She shouldn't have bid at any time, it doesn't matter when she bid. Don't feel sorry for her, you had multiple bidders and she was the highest so it's her bag.
I agree with other people who said to give her ideas to resale it like Fashionphile or buy it now on ebay.
I don't see why she told you her age or when she bid it's ask irrelevant. You have no idea what she may ship back to you. Don't chance it. She said the bag is in great shape, so she should be satisfied. Buyers remorse is not your problem and her keeping it will teach her to be more certain when initially bidding.
I wouldn't take any chances.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Yeah me too. Also if you accept her return, she might send back a counterfeit one.

And what is her buyer rating? And honestly, if I were to buy a LV bag on ebay, I wouldn't wait till the last min to bid and not read the bag descriptions carefully first. Oh and you can definitely fit an ipad into a neverfull pm so I don't really understand her reasoning.

Last edited:
You may be over and done with this by now but......

If you trust she really doesn't know how to sell on Ebay and if you want to be really nice you could offer to help her resale it on Ebay, you know kind of walk her through it, but only if you wanted to.

I suspect she may be a bit more savvy than she is letting on. She knew about the old Ebay trick of lurking around and making last minute bids and snatching items from unsuspecting bidders who had been likely watching and bidding for days ( I'm speculating)...which is a dangerous game because sometimes you don't have time to fully read the item description which I suspect happened here with her.

Last edited:
Sorry this whole scenario smells to me
I would not take it back or offer a partial refund
As someone said if she has an iPad then I'm sure she's not completely unsure about computers/eBay etc. if she really didn't know how to use eBay I'm sure she could find someone who did
The whole scenario just smells, who would make a bid on something as expensive as louis with minutes to go & not check what they were bidding on? The throwing in of the age smacks of a con as she's trying to show I'm an aged person eg I am not a threat at conning you. Also saying they will take a hit of $100-200 looks like they are trying to entice the seller as surely that's still a lot of money for the buyer to loose
I would be so worried as to what bag I got back ??
It seriously seems suspect- I'd keep well clear