has someone seen Hayden messenger IRL or own one?

pollux

Nov 24, 2009
I'm looking for a black messenger bag and have my eye on a Hayden messenger, but did not see it in real life. It looks like a great everyday bag to me. I love the way it looks, with the stitching :love:
So any opnions on this one would be very welcome; also about the lambsskin. Can it take some light rain; is it durable?

My other choice is a Mitzy. As I already have a Mitzy ote in oak, I was thinking this might be a messenger, a medium hobo or another tote. I could use the strap from my oak Mitzy on the medium hobo, like many of you girls already do.

I like both options and am very much in doubt now.

Bamberio has the black and Vain Jane has the gingerbread I think, so hopefully they can give you advice on the style. It looks quite boxy with the stuffing in, from what I remember from seeing it in store, but I'm sure as the leather is so soft that it would be really nice to wear.

I have the tote and the leather is gorgeous, so buttery soft and it has survived a light rain shower with no problem at all.

If you already have mitzy, I'd go for something different....Hayden! :graucho:

I was strongly tempted by the Hayden messenger. It's a lovely bag. As Fuzzyfelt says, the leather is beautifully soft, and although it looks slightly boxy when stuffed, when you wear it, it moulds to the shape of your hip IYKWIM. The SA sloshed some champagne (it was promotion day in my local House of Fraser!!) over a swatch of the Hayden leather, and it disappeared within a minute, so presumably it is rain-resistant too.

I also owned the Mitzy messenger for a while - a gorgeous bag, but too big for my needs. It's a lot bigger than the Hayden.

I've abandoned both in favour of the Somerset Satchel which falls in between size-wise, and has the advantages of a zip across the top (like Hayden) and detachable strap (like Mitzy) so it's got the best of both worlds IMO... not that I want to confuse you further!

fuzzyfelt: thank for your answer. Is the hardware very shiny gold or a bit brushed? For me it must not be to much bling, just is'nt me. Maybe the 2 persons you mentioned will come by.

indiana: so the leather can survive champagne! Just the information Mulberry should give I think :rolleyes: very useful.
and yes: now I'm more confused, somerset seems a good option ! There is one on ebay right now, but it's white. What color do you have and were did you get it?

Pollux, the one on ebay is a slightly different model - but also nice!

You can see the one I'm talking about on the recent "Introducing my new messenger" thread, but it is hard to find - Hoopers still have 1 or 2 I think, and they're in the outlets but only in white.

I hope I haven't put the cat among the pigeons!!

Edit - sorry Pollux, I just checked ebay and you're right, the white one on ebay is The One, but there is also a beige tumble grain one which looks nice too!..

Last edited:
Just looked at the beige Indiana, but this model does not appeal to me and no zipper on top.
The one you mentioned here on tpf and the white one, those are very nice (but not black).
Appreciate your tips!

Why is nothing ever straightforward?!

Back to the Hayden though, the hardware isn't blingy, the stitching lifts it out of the ordinary, it seems to be durable and extremely comfy to wear - what's not to like!

I think it's a lovely messenger. The hardware is the same metal as the mitzy and it definitely doesn't look bling as fuzzyfelt also said. The strap is wide enough to wear the bag comfortably as a messenger and I just love the stitching and the rivets (if that's what they are called) on the strap. The front little flab opens so you can put a phone inside for easy access. It's not a big bag and it would do me on a day I was just bringing a few bits and bobs out with me.
Gorgeous bag and great for casual.

I saw it in black and gingerbread the other day IRL and both were very beautiful. As other people have said they aren't blingy and in your face, just simple and very easy to wear by the looks of things although i didnt try them on. i particularly loved the gingerbread and the idea of using it in the summer.
I have a black shoulder hayden and if that is anything to go by its little sis should be just as amazing...

thank you all lovely girls :flowers:
I'm not on any forum, only tpf, and it's so surprising and warming that I can just pop a question and then get lots of sincere replies from other baglovers!

Must say that I'm leaning towards Hayden messenger, based on your opinions so far.

Saw the one on ebay and already had it on the auth. thread. So this is a trusted seller?
Maybe this one will be mine?

thank you all lovely girls :flowers:
I'm not on any forum, only tpf, and it's so surprising and warming that I can just pop a question and then get lots of sincere replies from other baglovers!

Must say that I'm leaning towards Hayden messenger, based on your opinions so far.

Saw the one on ebay and already had it on the auth. thread. So this is a trusted seller?
Maybe this one will be mine?

I have bought from her she is fine IMO, and will take returns. :smile: