****** has some new "Pauric Sweeney" bags if you're interested

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
Hey! Never posted in this subforum before -- but HELLO and I hope I'm doing this right. :biggrin:

I'm a die-hard Balenciaga fan and spend most my online life in the Bal subforum but! I recently purchased a different brand: Pauric Sweeney and wanted to share the deal.

www.hgbagsonline.com has some EXCELLENT finds of Pauric; I'm really liking the Overnight bags.

I haven't bought a non-Balenciaga bag in ages and just wanted to share. :nuts:

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
london uk
I was just looking for threads on this as I saw Ericas email and thought the mini overnight was pretty cute, which bag did you get?
please post some pictures, it seems there isn't much yet posted on this designer

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
^^ NYCshopgirl! It was a total impulse buy. But you know how we love leather, right? IMO, Bal hasn't made a really great looking "duffle bag" type of handbag. The Twiggy doesn't float my boat at all.

I got the Gray Overnight Sport bag. It looks to be a very lovely shade of gray, with just a little bit of texture. I like how "plain" it looks; therefore making it more discreet.

You thinkin about any of them? Those Python's look fun too.

Sorry for the long rant, lol.

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
I was just looking for threads on this as I saw Ericas email and thought the mini overnight was pretty cute, which bag did you get?
please post some pictures, it seems there isn't much yet posted on this designer
K, first off I adore your new avatar pic. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I got the Gray Overnight Sport in regular leather, not sueded. But I have my eye on the Sueded Taupe Overnight too since hello! I love Noix and this shade is pretty close to it IMO.

The mini overnight is too cute too (you like smaller bags, right?) but of course, too small for my needs.

I did some quick research on the brand, and most sites don't have the styles that ****** has. So I'm guessing these are brand new for spring/summer 2010? But the bags I saw were similar in style (the Overnights are 10x cuter though) and the price tag was heftier.

Can't wait!!!!!

LJS58

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
Hi Rere,

I just got the Lime Metallic Overnight. Can't wait to see pics of your Gray Overnight!

I got the Gray Overnight Sport in regular leather, not sueded. But I have my eye on the Sueded Taupe Overnight too since hello! I love Noix and this shade is pretty close to it IMO.

The mini overnight is too cute too (you like smaller bags, right?) but of course, too small for my needs.

I did some quick research on the brand, and most sites don't have the styles that ****** has. So I'm guessing these are brand new for spring/summer 2010? But the bags I saw were similar in style (the Overnights are 10x cuter though) and the price tag was heftier.

Can't wait!!!!!

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
^^ Hey LJS! That Lime Metallic Overnight looks awesome. Looks unique. Can't wait to see your pics too.

Looks like we got similar sizing!!! I am always curious as to what "python" feels like irl. Do you have many python bags? When is yours due to arrive?

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
london uk
Thank you! It's not all my bags, but the ones I use the most at the moment:smile:

Yes I do like small bags in general, I have some bigger Chloe's and keep planning to buy a city, but keep getting distracted and buying smaller bags.

Post pictures when you get it, anything gray/taupe is a winner in my book!

I do really like the mini overnight, but am not sold 100% on the colors she has listed, I guess more might pop up especially if a new style so will wait and see.

Apr 29, 2008
NYC
^^ NYCshopgirl! It was a total impulse buy. But you know how we love leather, right? IMO, Bal hasn't made a really great looking "duffle bag" type of handbag. The Twiggy doesn't float my boat at all.

I got the Gray Overnight Sport bag. It looks to be a very lovely shade of gray, with just a little bit of texture. I like how "plain" it looks; therefore making it more discreet.

You thinkin about any of them? Those Python's look fun too.

Sorry for the long rant, lol.
Agreed! I'm typically a Balenciaga junkie also, but from time to time can wander. You made a good choice! Is the overnight the size Lindsay Lohan has? I've also seen pictures of the bag on Jessica Beil. What was the price on the regular leather overnight? The python ones are really pretty, but the leather is probably more durable.

It is hard to find a nice duffle. I went and looked at the Alexander Wang duffles the other day and even though they're very reasonably priced, they're super heavy and I wish the handles were a little longer. I prefer what you got!

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
^^I think its the same size Lindsay has, but that's not why I got it as I can hardly stand the girl. Not sure of the regular price of the Overnight, I poked around online and didn't see them. So its hard to say. I'm basing the fact that I got a good deal off the fact that everything ****** sells is below retail, lol.

ITA about A.Wang. They are totally hot (looking) but functionally - not really. I love the texture of the A.Wang bags as they look like fluffy bal leather, but as you've said; too heavy, handles too short etc.

I hope this Overnight Sport is a keeper! I'm also eyeing the Taupe Overnight and the Black one, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here! :rolleyes:

aimtree - I will absolutely be posting pics of the new Pauric Sweeney bag once I get her. :tup: Not really sure where to post though since they don't have a subforum and I spend all my time with you bbag girls, lol.

Apr 29, 2008
NYC
^^I think its the same size Lindsay has, but that's not why I got it as I can hardly stand the girl. Not sure of the regular price of the Overnight, I poked around online and didn't see them. So its hard to say. I'm basing the fact that I got a good deal off the fact that everything ****** sells is below retail, lol.

ITA about A.Wang. They are totally hot (looking) but functionally - not really. I love the texture of the A.Wang bags as they look like fluffy bal leather, but as you've said; too heavy, handles too short etc.

I hope this Overnight Sport is a keeper! I'm also eyeing the Taupe Overnight and the Black one, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here! :rolleyes:

aimtree - I will absolutely be posting pics of the new Pauric Sweeney bag once I get her. :tup: Not really sure where to post though since they don't have a subforum and I spend all my time with you bbag girls, lol.
Can't stand her either, but she does wear the bag well. Probably not the best model for Erica to use, but it's hard to see the bag in the pictures of Jessica Beil with it. I wonder what retailers sell them... I haven't seen them at Barney's and they usually have the more off-beat designers.

I wish I could redesign the Alexander wang bag w\ larger handles. I also saw a great looking draw string type bag w\ the studs on the bottom, but it was also heavy and too small. The proportions are off. Shame because the leather is nice.

LJS58

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
^^ Hey LJS! That Lime Metallic Overnight looks awesome. Looks unique. Can't wait to see your pics too.

Looks like we got similar sizing!!! I am always curious as to what "python" feels like irl. Do you have many python bags? When is yours due to arrive?
Hi RERE,

I just got an e-mail that it was shipped out this morning, so hopefully I'll have pics in a few days. This will be my first python, but I saw a python Pauric Sweeney IRL a few months ago. It is actually thinner and more flexible than I imagined (not thick like alligator), and slightly rough due to the scales. Really different than soft smooshie BBags! I love the color of the Pauric that you got. I'll be on the lookout for pics of yours!