Has Roxanne reached the end of the line...?

Hi everyone, I think sadly its true that it will be phased out. I got an answer to my e-mail and Mulberry said that Roxanne wouldn't be produced for A/W 2010 but it is in the current collection (S/S 2010) and will remain in stores for some time. I could have got the wrong end of the stick but I took this to mean that they will remain in store until stock runs out and no further productions will be made. Might mean that they start to appear in outlets though? They said that few bags remain in their collections or remain unchanged.

So it's definitely going :sad::cry:
I for one am seriously thinking of investing in a classic roxanne before they stop production...... anyone else?? Got to save up some pennies first - or more like ££££!!
It did occur to me that the roxanne is so sturdy & lasts for years & years that it's not so good for Mulberry. They surely want us to want the new styles & leathers & buy bags that are maybe not so long lasting :wondering

I'll ask in Bond Street on Sat. I saw a black roxy at work today and it reminded me what a gorgeous bag it really is. I haven't used my oak for ages (waiting till the summer) but it is so pleasing to the eye.

Hi everyone, I think sadly its true that it will be phased out. I got an answer to my e-mail and Mulberry said that Roxanne wouldn't be produced for A/W 2010 but it is in the current collection (S/S 2010) and will remain in stores for some time. I could have got the wrong end of the stick but I took this to mean that they will remain in store until stock runs out and no further productions will be made. Might mean that they start to appear in outlets though? They said that few bags remain in their collections or remain unchanged.

I got a similar response -maybe they'll be reduced to half price in the Summer sale:nuts:

Wow, I am really shocked. I thought Roxy would be around a while yet. I noticed that when Emma Hill took over they kept making variations on the Bays (Clutch, small clutch, Large E/W, Bowling etc) and that Roxy was being ignored (apart from the hugely unsuccessful Satchel).

I had considered re-homing my Choc Roxy. But with it's thick soft Darwin and gorgeous Bronze HW it would be so difficult to replace if I changed my mind.

Sad time for the classics lovers

I got a similar response -maybe they'll be reduced to half price in the Summer sale:nuts:

That would be the only silver lining :biggrin:

Today I asked the manager in Mulberry Floral Street and a couple of assistants in Bond Street. All three were horrified at the thought of Roxanne being discontinued and said they didn't think it would happen as they still sell really well.

i think i've gotten the most compliments on my pre loved darwin choco roxy, rather than any of my other much more expensive bags..lol..mainly from friends and family that don't even know what mulberry is..they always mention the rich quality of the leather..xx