Has LV ruined other brands for you?

Bradysmum

Carter and Evan too!
Jan 12, 2007
I used to be a huge Coach fan, but am drifting more towards LV now. I have 5 coach and a wristlet and have 3 LV's awaiting one more in the mail.

I was looking at some of the coach stuff on Ebay, but kept on going back towards LV to see what was up for bid. Anybody else feel the same way?

I used to be a Coach fan for MANY years. It was all that I would wear. However, once the quality went south, and EVERYONE was wearing one, it no longer appealed to me. I also don't like the 'Poppy' route that they are going.

LV is just so effortlessly chic, I really don't find myself looking at other brands. Though, there are a few Chloe's and even a Bal that could tempt me.

I am new to LV and really love it! But I still have some other bags that make my heart beat faster - I LOVE my MJ stams, and I have a Cole Haan in pumpkin that makes me feel cheery when I wear it. Also a couple of Coach Sabrinas and a great floppy Badgley Mischka.

I think LV is so classic and it makes me feel really special when I wear it. But I can't reserve my entire heart for LV! :smile:

Yes, I prefer LV over other brands. The main reason is that LV never has sales so I know I won't find my items for a lower price in the store! It's a little reason, but LV is so expensive to me that it would just make my head pop off if I were to buy something and then it go on sale later.

I used to think Coach was very expensive and would rather carry a cheap $10 wallet and put $140 cash into my wallet than to splurge on a $150 Coach wallet. Fast forward 5 years and my little LV cles costs more than the Coach wallets. Times have changed. And yes, LV has ruined me for other brands.

I also appreciate that LV does not go on sale. There's nothing worse than the feeling of paying full price only to see it at the outlets or on sale a month later for 70% off what you paid! :faint:

Yes! I started getting annoyed when Coach bags I paid full price for were ending up at the Outlet!

There are a lot of bags that I love, but when it comes down to it, I always buy an LV. I'll stand in the store and think Wow this bag is "only" $500 I should get it...then it turns into welllll that's $500 I could spend at Louis or save toward a Louis!

I'm right with you Bradysmum. My first love was Louis Vuitton, but I ended up falling in love with Coach. Up until Decemeber '09 I loved anything and everything Coach. I went to sell a Coach bag to fund another Coach bag and I couldn't get more than 50% of what the bag was worth. So I got fed up. Not only can you walk into any mall in the Midwest and every teenage girl has the SAME Signature bag on, but you can't get nearly what you paid for the nice leather bags. So I decided to get rid of my Coach collection and go to LV only. Not only will my LV bags stand out among the gaggle of Coach bags everywhere, but the value will stay fairly high for the next 10-20 years.

So to answer your question, yes, LV has ruined Coach for me, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :smile:

No. There are some bag styles that I love but LV doesn't make them so I buy from other brands. I'm more into quality & style more than into a certain brand. I'm not a very loyal customer, even my LV sa knows this but she doesn't mind. She still treats me very well.

For me, yes. The only other brand I like right now in bags is Marc Jacobs (and not MBMJ). But I only have 2 Marc Jacobs pieces, the large love clutch in blue, and the fuschia cruise metallic shopper. I've recently seen a few Chanel bags I love, but usually once I discover one, it's sold out in stores. I noticed a Gucci bag yesterday that I was drawn to, at 66% off, but I didn't see myself ever using it so I passed.