Has LV ever wronged you?

Funny I should happen upon this thread. I have a very distressing visit to the LV store in Connecticut. I bought a Gallieria GM and matching wallet 2 weeks ago. I went on vacation and left the bag and wallet in the shopping bag in my closet. While on vacation, I bought another LV bag at a consignment shop. It was a deal so I couldn't resist. I had been concerned that the GM was perhaps too big. So i decided to return it for the smaller version. When I went in the store, all the SA's gave me a dirty look. Like, "how dare you return something". I went to the SA at the desk and told her that I know that today is day 15 and they only allow returns within 14 days so my bad. I wanted to exchange. She took the entire shopping bag in the back room without looking at the bag at all. 5 minutes later, she comes out with the manager and says that the bag has been worn and they will not take it back. I DID NOT TAKE THIS BAG OUT OF THE BOX! Evidently, the magnetic closure was not together and there must have been some dirt on the male end which rubbed a little on the fabric. Not my doing and certainly not from wearing it! The manager was rude and was not going to give me the benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, they did not inspect the bag in my presence when I bought it or when I returned it. I was fuming mad. I called the 866 number and they called the manager. She would not budge. The 866 person was very helpful and was going to escalate my case and give me a response by monday. I will NEVER EVER shop in Louis Vuitton again- regardless of the outcome. Thanks for listening!!!

Funny I should happen upon this thread. I have a very distressing visit to the LV store in Connecticut. I bought a Gallieria GM and matching wallet 2 weeks ago. I went on vacation and left the bag and wallet in the shopping bag in my closet. While on vacation, I bought another LV bag at a consignment shop. It was a deal so I couldn't resist. I had been concerned that the GM was perhaps too big. So i decided to return it for the smaller version. When I went in the store, all the SA's gave me a dirty look. Like, "how dare you return something". I went to the SA at the desk and told her that I know that today is day 15 and they only allow returns within 14 days so my bad. I wanted to exchange. She took the entire shopping bag in the back room without looking at the bag at all. 5 minutes later, she comes out with the manager and says that the bag has been worn and they will not take it back. I DID NOT TAKE THIS BAG OUT OF THE BOX! Evidently, the magnetic closure was not together and there must have been some dirt on the male end which rubbed a little on the fabric. Not my doing and certainly not from wearing it! The manager was rude and was not going to give me the benefit of the doubt. Furthermore, they did not inspect the bag in my presence when I bought it or when I returned it. I was fuming mad. I called the 866 number and they called the manager. She would not budge. The 866 person was very helpful and was going to escalate my case and give me a response by monday. I will NEVER EVER shop in Louis Vuitton again- regardless of the outcome. Thanks for listening!!!

Sounds like they may have been looking for an excuse not to exchange it seeing as you were not within 14 days. LV probably gets sick of customers returning goods simply because they've changed their mind - the whole 'return & exchange' thing seems to be a far too common practice.

That is horrible but does not surprise me at all. At least they did not tell you that the bag you are trying to return was a fake like they did to my friend.

Wow I am having a problem with LV as we speak. Ok so I bought the damier bloomsbury gm on august 1st 2009 from macys nyc. I have maybe worn the bag at most 20 times. I am unemployed and have health problems so because of my health problems I had to buy a crosss body bag and hense I thought this one was perfect as its damier and it will wear well or so I thought. So I noticed that right in the front of the bag near the pleat on the right side that the damier was peeling off. It was not cut or snagged or anything it was definately peeling. So instead of paying $100 to go to back to the macys nyc store by paying for a taxi (i live in nj) I took the bag and reciept to the neimans short hills store where everyone knows me very well and I thought they would take care of me and just replace the bag to be honest. The girl who handles the repairs looked at it and said that she will have to send it out and she will overnight it to some woman in ca and it will take 3 days at most to get a response about what if anything they will do for me as they dont warranty there bags. First of all I thought this woman was my friend as I talked to her all the time and the first thing she says to me is I always see you wearing this bag so it may just be wear and tear. Ok first off like I said it may be technically 6 months old but like I said I have not worn it that much. I am unemployed and sick so the only times I wear it is when I am going food shopping which is twice a month or if I am going to the LV store to buy a bag which is not that often. If I am sick and unemployed where am I going??? Then she said oh dont you have dogs?? Could they have done something to the bag? No the dogs stay in there cages all day while I sleep until my husband gets home and then they are put in a playpen for a while and then go back in the cage overnight. My bags are all locked away in closets that the dogs have no access to. Also if the dogs had bitten the bag why is there damage only on one side? Then she said are you sure that you didnt rip it or catch it on anything. Let me tell you that I am so carefull with my bags that I wear them with the plastic still on the hardware. This bag still has the blue plastic on the hardware, the strap looks brand new not one scratch and the corners and edging are in perfect condition. If I go somewhere I never put any of my louis bags on the floor they get there own chair and she knows all this. Then I asked all the other SA's working and they said it looked like it was peeling and its not my fault. So I said to her why cant you just give me a new one and she said that if she gave me a new one and they for some reason looked at that bag and determined that I damaged it that she could loose her job. So I left the bag with her. It has now been 4 weeks since they sent out the bag and I have even contacted customer service and everyone says that there is no way to get in touch with the repair people so we just have to wait it out. How much longer is this going to take?? I have spend close to $200,000 so far with this company and if they dont cover this my mom and husband already told me they will no longer buy any more. Even if I wore the bag everyday which I didnt it should last longer than 6 months and they should just give me a new one especially since I consider myself a VIP. I own so many bags that most of them I have not even used yet. So are those made like crap too and I just dont know it?? When I was in that exact neimans store the week before I dropped off my bag for repair a woman who was a cop came in with a monogram stresa and she had like 3 inch nails and the stitching was coming off around the strap area this woman wore this bag every day since it came out like the handles were black and it looked abused but because she threatened all the SA's like saying that she knows where they live and if they dont give her a new one she will make there lives a living hell so they just gave her a new one and when I asked them whey they gave her a new bag the woman told me that the stresa is known to have that defect and my bag is not known to have any problems so that is why she replaced it. I called customer service and they said that the stresa (which I also own and have not gotten to use yet) does not have any problems at all and it is up to each store to make there own judgement call on wheather they want to give a new bag or not and that no one would be fired for that. So now I feel betrayed by not only LV but by these people who I considered to be my friends. I even buy them xmas gifts and baby gifts so I thought that I had a good relationship with them. How would you girls feel?? I still love LV but this is pulling heavy on my heart.

Last edited:
Sounds like they may have been looking for an excuse not to exchange it seeing as you were not within 14 days. LV probably gets sick of customers returning goods simply because they've changed their mind - the whole 'return & exchange' thing seems to be a far too common practice.

I agree, but they do keep history on that. I've purchased several bags in that store before- never returned anything. Surely they could verify that I am not one of those offenders. I was not looking for a refund. After spending $2500, I left the store mortified and very embarrassed as there were a couple of other people in there shopping. Never buying from them again.

Wow I am having a problem with LV as we speak. Ok so I bought the damier bloomsbury gm on august 1st 2009 from macys nyc. I have maybe worn the bag at most 20 times. I am unemployed and have health problems so because of my health problems I had to buy a crosss body bag and hense I thought this one was perfect as its damier and it will wear well or so I thought. So I noticed that right in the front of the bag near the pleat on the right side that the damier was peeling off. It was not cut or snagged or anything it was definately peeling. So instead of paying $100 to go to back to the macys nyc store by paying for a taxi (i live in nj) I took the bag and reciept to the neimans short hills store where everyone knows me very well and I thought they would take care of me and just replace the bag to be honest. The girl who handles the repairs looked at it and said that she will have to send it out and she will overnight it to some woman in ca and it will take 3 days at most to get a response about what if anything they will do for me as they dont warranty there bags. First of all I thought this woman was my friend as I talked to her all the time and the first thing she says to me is I always see you wearing this bag so it may just be wear and tear. Ok first off like I said it may be technically 6 months old but like I said I have not worn it that much. I am unemployed and sick so the only times I wear it is when I am going food shopping which is twice a month or if I am going to the LV store to buy a bag which is not that often. If I am sick and unemployed where am I going??? Then she said oh dont you have dogs?? Could they have done something to the bag? No the dogs stay in there cages all day while I sleep until my husband gets home and then they are put in a playpen for a while and then go back in the cage overnight. My bags are all locked away in closets that the dogs have no access to. Also if the dogs had bitten the bag why is there damage only on one side? Then she said are you sure that you didnt rip it or catch it on anything. Let me tell you that I am so carefull with my bags that I wear them with the plastic still on the hardware. This bag still has the blue plastic on the hardware, the strap looks brand new not one scratch and the corners and edging are in perfect condition. If I go somewhere I never put any of my louis bags on the floor they get there own chair and she knows all this. Then I asked all the other SA's working and they said it looked like it was peeling and its not my fault. So I said to her why cant you just give me a new one and she said that if she gave me a new one and they for some reason looked at that bag and determined that I damaged it that she could loose her job. So I left the bag with her. It has now been 4 weeks since they sent out the bag and I have even contacted customer service and everyone says that there is no way to get in touch with the repair people so we just have to wait it out. How much longer is this going to take?? I have spend close to $200,000 so far with this company and if they dont cover this my mom and husband already told me they will no longer buy any more. Even if I wore the bag everyday which I didnt it should last longer than 6 months and they should just give me a new one especially since I consider myself a VIP. I own so many bags that most of them I have not even used yet. So are those made like crap too and I just dont know it?? When I was in that exact neimans store the week before I dropped off my bag for repair a woman who was a cop came in with a monogram stresa and she had like 3 inch nails and the stitching was coming off around the strap area this woman wore this bag every day since it came out like the handles were black and it looked abused but because she threatened all the SA's like saying that she knows where they live and if they dont give her a new one she will make there lives a living hell so they just gave her a new one and when I asked them whey they gave her a new bag the woman told me that the stresa is known to have that defect and my bag is not known to have any problems so that is why she replaced it. I called customer service and they said that the stresa (which I also own and have not gotten to use yet) does not have any problems at all and it is up to each store to make there own judgement call on wheather they want to give a new bag or not and that no one would be fired for that. So now I feel betrayed by not only LV but by these people who I considered to be my friends. I even buy them xmas gifts and baby gifts so I thought that I had a good relationship with them. How would you girls feel?? I still love LV but this is pulling heavy on my heart.

Wow - you're unemployed and disabled and you've spent over $200,000.00 on LV bags? That's amazing. You must be independently wealthy. I'm jealous!

I'm sorry this happened, but they are pretty strict about the 14 day policy. It's to protect their other customers. While I do understand it's upsetting, I can also see their viewpoint if it looked like the bag was used. I think a lot of people have abused their policy and tried to return bags because of buyer's remorse, after using them, and they are cracking down on it, which is why you may have gotten that response. You may decide you love the bag after use if they won't let you exchange.

I'm sorry this happened, but they are pretty strict about the 14 day policy. It's to protect their other customers. While I do understand it's upsetting, I can also see their viewpoint if it looked like the bag was used. I think a lot of people have abused their policy and tried to return bags because of buyer's remorse, after using them, and they are cracking down on it, which is why you may have gotten that response. You may decide you love the bag after use if they won't let you exchange.

The 14 day policy is for full refunds, not for exchanges. Besides, the bag did not look used, there were two very faint spots from which the magnetic closure which was open, had brushed against the lining. Simple explanation. If you are familiar with the Gallieria, you can't use that bag one minute without the brass rings on either side rubbing against the vachetta. Further, I have history with this store, never a return. I feel that due to the nature of the "spots" I, as a loyal customer should have been given the benefit of the doubt. You are correct. I do love the bag, but thought PM would have been better. I won't use it until the summer because it's the Azur- Yet another reason I didn't use it, it's winter here!!!!! Sorry for the venting, thanks for listening. I feel a little better now. :rant:

Wow - you're unemployed and disabled and you've spent over $200,000.00 on LV bags? That's amazing. You must be independently wealthy. I'm jealous!

Is it not possible to spend a lot on bags and then lose your job and get hurt? They could go hand in hand.

I have never had any issues at LV, knock on wood!:P

LOL, that's just what I was thinking!

I do think BAGBABY23 that there's no point getting too worked up over it at this stage - they've sent it away to be looked at and may replace the bag yet.

I bought the Monogram Galliera. When I was in the boutique I was so excited and scared at the same time because it was the largest purchase I've ever made, plus I absolutely loved the Galliera. The SA that was helping me was so snooty and arrogant--I specifically asked for a Galliera that was made in France---yeah, I know the whole story about the products being of the same quality, blah, blah, blah, but the point is, if I'm spending that much money on a bag, I better get what I want.--and the SA went on a rant about quality and place of manufacturing....it's like, what's your problem? I'm here to spend money, why don't you treat people better and maybe they'll buy more if you were helpful and friendly? Anyways, to make a long story short. I took my brand new bag home, only to discover that the SA had lied, I got one made in the US--he told me I got a made in France Galliera. I finally got hold of a very nice SA who helped me find a Galliera that was made in France, but upon closer inspection of the bag at home, I discovered that the metal plate was crooked! I was so disappointed/angry/annoyed/frustrated that I returned the bag, and fell completely out of love with the Galliera. All that drama and I was willing to drop the cash for it. Ugh.